The Supply Planner position resides within the Procurement department. This role is responsible for executing a strategic inventory plan for a Brand or Category with alignment on plans across the organization. The planner develops and monitors a supply plan to best fill the unconstrained consensus demand plan.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Build and maintain successful relationships across departments and with our partners, to drive efficiencies and better serve our customers.
- Effectively utilize supply chain tools and best practices to optimize supply planning procedures, analytics, metrics and standards that ensures timely and efficient delivery of products to customers.
- Develop and maintain partner relationships in tandem with the demand planner to contribute to targeted supply chain and category goals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the product categories and analyze the competitive landscape to deliver appropriate supply recommendations and maintain our inventory goals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of CDW's pricing hierarchies and price elasticity within their product category and can effectively manage products through their complete lifecycle.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory policies and their impact to stocking and inventory management.
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and implement improvements.
- Utilize Blue Yonder analytics to report on supply chain metrics, including days of supply, aging inventory, backorders, lead-time, and primary supplier fill rate.
- Maintain Supply Planning parameters including: Forecast allocation and consumption rules, Inventory Policy, Pack Size, Calendars, etc.
- Utilize Blue Yonder Supply Chain Platform to analyze demand patterns, set stockout horizon, and lead-time thresholds.
- Leverage Blue Yonder supply planning module to troubleshoot and analyze inaccurate replenishment recommendations.
- Collaborate with demand planners and suppliers for planning SKUs and ensure Supply Plan meets Demand Plan.
- Proactively assist the demand planner in troubleshooting low forecast accuracy performance.
- Align with Product Management to drive product offerings and earn incremental funding.
- Collaborate with the Brand Management to meet or exceed budgeted partner controllable margin and revenue goals.
- Publish monthly Supplier Projections to key suppliers.
- Implement supply chain optimization projects.
- Drop ship planning may be a required responsibility depending on brand/category.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or Supply Chain related field OR 4 years' of Supply Chain experience AND
- 1 year of experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or Pricing experience.
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness to solve problems with supply chain and inventory management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and present to all stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated negotiation, business acumen, and partner management skills along with strong product and category knowledge.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Strong analytical skills to recognize and interpret both history and forecasts.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management in highly transactional and volatile markets.
- Experience with demand planning / forecasting applications (preferably as a user; JDA Demand & Fulfill a plus).
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.