CDW’s vision is to be the national provider of Managed Services. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Managed Services. Engineers at CDW are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings. Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. Engineers at CDW are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with no supervision.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects
- Conducts/lead design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
- Proactively develop plans and activities to avoid problems.
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or of the service.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Perform scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
- Handle several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoot and develop internal network, respond to emergencies).
- Communicate with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Respond to all customers professionally and courteously and relay any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission of CDW through performing behaviors consistent with the CDW Way.
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the associated commitments.
- Provide support to Customer Success Team, Project Managers and Product Developers.
- Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation.
- Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation. This includes assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Conduct self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Test, evaluate, develop, and socialize new products, services, and solutions.
- Conduct training of customers and coworkers in both formal and informal environments.
- Work directly with Project Managers to update and communicate project status.
Skills and Competencies:
- Passion for Cybersecurity, along with aptitude for these technologies, demonstrated by
- successful completion of Cybersecurity certifications, individual mastery of Cybersecurity
- topics, or by success in Cybersecurity-related internships.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving, inductive reasoning, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence at work and in personal circumstances.
- Strong work ethic demonstrated by a successful work track record.
- Drive for success demonstrated by consistent high achievement in personal and academic endeavors.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
- Minimum of Five years of experience in Engineering
Other Required Qualifications
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the CDW Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers’ business needs
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client needs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Demonstrated experience in the entire security Managed portfolio, to include but not limited to Fortinet, Aruba Clearpass, Splunk, Qualys
- Working knowledge in a number of the following technology areas:
- Scripting Coding skill set: Python, Ansible, Bash, Perl, Ruby, TLC
- Firewalls - Cisco ASA / FTD, Palo Alto and Fortinet platforms
- SD-WAN: Cisco, Silver Peak, other software-defined SD-WAN solutions
- Familiarity with cloud-based Cybersecurity and related platforms ie. AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Load Balancers – F5 ASM
- Network Technologies/Topologies:
- Traditional WAN - MPLS, MPLS Layer 2/3 VPN’s, Frame-Relay, GRE/IPSEC VPN, VPN, SIP/PSTN services
- Layer 2 networking - 802.1(D,W,S) , Ethernet, PPoE, Ether-Channel
- Layer 3 networking - IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP (v2), BGP, MP-BGP, PFR, OSPFv3, EIGRPv6, RIPng, Advanced Redistribution, VRF-lite
- Multicast Networking - Multicast (Sparse + Dense), MSDP, Anycast, Auto-RP, BSR, PIM, SSM
- Security - CBAC, Zone-Based firewall, Reflex ACL, NAT, IP Source Guard, uRPF, Cisco ISE, ZScaler, Cisco Umbrella
- QOS – Congestion avoidance and congestion management. MQC, CBWFQ, LLQ, NBAR, WRED, Auto-QOS
- VOIP - Cisco voice gateway functionality, SRST
- Unified Computing/Virtualization - Design, support, configure, upgrade Cisco UCS systems
- Data Center - FabricPath, FEX, vPC, UCS, FCoE
- Wireless – Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, lightweight and autonomous AP models, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, MSE, Aruba and Meraki
- VPN - SSL VPN, IPSec VPN, and DMVPN (phase 1 and 2), AnyConnect, GlobalProtect, other proprietary and cloud site-to-site VPN solutions
- Additional knowledge/skills:
- Operating System/utilities - Windows 10, Windows 2019/2022 Server, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, DNS, DHCP, Netflow, WireShark
- Professional skills - Network drawing tools including MS Visio, presentation skills and experience including MS PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience in a large enterprise or data center environments
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.