The Renewal Specialist focuses on driving high volume business through focus on renewals and unattached business utilizing prescriptive selling techniques. The Renewal Specialist builds relationships and educates sales on the programs, resources, and pricing strategies available to secure on time, profitable renewals.
The Renewal Specialist will focus on current customers and sales in an effort to consult and sell all renewal product options including multiyear and coterminous renewals. The Renewal Specialist will also assist in maintaining customer data and post-sales support including general administration support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- The Renewal Specialist key area of responsibility is to support the pursuit and closure of a sale emphasizing the value of services. This includes but is not limited to quoting renewals, processing credit requests, handling new maintenance requests and general sales requests.
- Attends required CDW and partner training and applies that knowledge in their day to day business.
- Contributes to the team’s knowledge base and readily shares Partner knowledge and best practices with peers and Account Managers.
- Seeks advice and assistance to increase knowledge and develop skills to work independently.
- Follows-up and responds to questions about Partner programs, post-sales entitlement, related sales information (e.g. contract numbers, order dates, invoice status, etc.), and escalations.
- Monitors renewal opportunities and attach rate leads; manages the opportunity pipeline from lead to closure.
- Generate accurate sales quotes; drives for multi-year agreements.
- Produces Sales Forecast reports.
- Explains to customers the value of Partner solutions features and benefits
- Articulates to customers, sales and Partners the CDW value proposition.
- Understands and explains the CDW pricing structure, multi-year advantages, and financing benefits; advises Sales on pricing strategies, how to increase profitability, and how to position it to the customer; negotiates with Partners to obtain the best pricing structure.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Partners, PPM, and Sales to drive shared opportunities and fine tune strategies to exceed joint sales goals.
- Develops and maintains a Territory Plan; adjusts quarterly for past performance and future expectations.
- Responds to requests and questions from customers and Account Managers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Basic computer skills (e.g., use of mouse, keyboard, e-mail)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Other Required Qualifications
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning
- Motivated and self-starting
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.