Licensing Solution Executive (LSE) is a sales role that works as part of the Digital Experience team as a specialist resource to translate customer software requirements into solutions. Achievement of profit goals along with increasing customer interaction and satisfaction are key pillars of success. The Licensing Solution Executive will work with their internal and external peers in a regional pod to reach the mission to align the right solution to the right client and grow our business profitably with a cloud first approach.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design Azure and M365 solutions for customers using CDW professional and managed service offerings.
- Create and propose Volume Licensing solutions to CDW’s largest Enterprise customers.
- Consult with customers and account manager thru the Microsoft negotiation of terms process.
- Build internal and partner support; manage key stakeholders to meet critical deadlines.
- Manage deals through the contracting process until processed and invoiced, ensuring revenue is booked on time.
- Build an account/territory plan to achieve key sales objectives and
- Participate in conference calls and on-site meetings with customers to explain and help determine the best acquisition method for their needs, including multi-program cost analysis comparisons.
- Utilize the Technology Opportunity Manager (TOM) tool as necessary to interact with POD members as well as sales teams.
- Manage and achieve all gross profit sales goals for the assigned segment.
- Provide account managers and their clients with consistent and excellent guidance.
- Participate in all steps of the CDW Contract Management methodology.
- Participate in proactive campaigns focused on driving customers to new offers.
- Respond to email or phone inquiries from Account Managers and Field Account Executives.
- Develop and lead strong partnerships with Microsoft counterparts including inside and field account executives in region supported.
- Visit clients on site as appropriate.
The Licensing Solution Executive will have the responsibility to lead the following tasks in the various Microsoft programs. The LSE will need to maintain expertise in all Microsoft solutions, services, and product acquisition programs. They will also carry responsibilities in additional activities related to the CDW and Microsoft partnership. The following list encompasses example activities required in the LSE role.
- Strategic Account Management
- Software Account ownership of a limited number of focus accounts defined by leadership
- Ability to be engaged on additional high priority and/or new account opportunities
- Microsoft Professional and Managed Services lead on focus accounts
- Microsoft Liaison
- Responsible for setting up cadence calls with Microsoft in territory
- Report back health of relationship to software managers
- In Market event participation
- CDW CSP
- Identify New Cloud Opportunities
- Microsoft Hybrid Cloud Benefit Discussion
- Microsoft On Premise to Cloud Benefit Discussion
- Microsoft Cloud Post Sale Support
- Enterprise Agreement (EA) and MPSA
- End User License Cost Analysis
- EA Contract Creation – New / Renewal
- EA Credit Requests
- EA New / Add-On / True Up / Renewal Orders
- Return Exception Requests
- Prepare, explain, and understand all Microsoft contract vehicles
- MPSA Discussion / Evaluation
- Additional Expectations
- Customer and Partner Events
- General MS End User License / Program Questions
- Win Wire submission
- Manage and Maintain Software Pipeline
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with customers, Account Managers and Microsoft organization
- Outstanding licensing, negotiation and closing skills
- Proven customer facing ability
- Excellent multitasking capabilities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Have or obtain within 3 months a Microsoft Certified Partner Certification (or equivalent)
- Previous mentorship experience within CDW
- 5 years of sales experience in Microsoft Licensing and contractual software licensing
- Proven ability to exceed sales quotas on a regular basis
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.