CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Consulting Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Consulting Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead in the planning, design, and implementation of Mobility solutions such as, the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S) suite, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Security E5 Suite, Jamf or VMware Workspace ONE
- Assist in planning, design, and implementation of Microsoft Azure identity and security.
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Work with Professional Services Managers, Seller’s, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives
- Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Minimum two years consulting experience in enterprise environments.
- Technical Proficiency in either the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S) suite, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Security E5 Suite, Jamf or VMware Workspace ONE.
- Broad understanding of an array of technologies and their use, such as: Windows Server, Active Directory, ADFS, PKI certificates, O365, SQL Server, and SharePoint.
- A constant desire to educate and grow alongside of customer and market demands.
- Experience owning some significant aspect of the product/application design and implementation
- A professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Ability to travel average of 50%
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Azure, such as compute, networking, storage, security + identity, and monitoring + management.
- Experience with Windows 10/11 management and enterprise desktop deployment strategies across multiple deployment tools.
- Technical Expertise in Microsoft Configuration Manager
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.