The Security and Safety officer is responsible for monitoring all individuals (co-workers, visitors, contractors, vendors, customers, messengers and drivers) entering and exiting the building. The officer’s main duty is to help ensure the safety of all coworkers, contractors and visitors in the building and the security of all company assets.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Complies with all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Act as an ambassador of the company by welcoming and providing information to all CDW visitors.
- Monitors coworkers, drivers, messengers and contractors entering and exiting CDW locations.
- Use CDW standard operating procedures for all visitors and use walk through and hand-held metal detectors where applicable.
- Maintain surveillance of the coworker entrances and the dock area through visual and CCTV.
- Effectively answer and route inbound phone calls received over company lines.
- Conduct patrol tours of the CDW location.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for all electronic items entering / leaving the location.
- Immediately report any suspicious activities, problems, issues or service outages to the Shift Leader and/ or Security Supervisor.
- Document all activities and incidents in report writing system.
- Provides jump-starts, lockout service and tire inflation to coworkers, visitors and contractors.
- Monitor and maintain proper radio communications for any emergency and non-emergency activities.
- Urgently respond to emergency situations such as a fire, civil disturbance, bomb threat, explosion, flood, workplace violence and other similar types of business interruptions covered in the company’s Business Continuity Program (BCP).
- On a daily basis, maintain security equipment ensuring proper operation.
- Provide CPR / First Aid / AED certified services in the event of a medical emergency.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year security experience
- Demonstrated ability to stand, walk and move quickly for 8 hours or more per day.
- Knowledge of appropriate two-way radio communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick and sound decision making in an emergency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to observe and report detail.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Occasional lifting, pulling or pushing up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to stay after scheduled shift until personnel from the next shift arrives.
- Ability to change shifts to support the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime after hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to move home locations to support changing needs of the business for Illinois-based positions (Riverside, Lincolnshire, Vernon Hills, etc.).
- Some college.
- CPR / First Aid / AED certification
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.