CDW is looking for a UX Design Manager to join the team and drive innovative design thinking. You will lead a team of UX Designers and develop simple and engaging digital products. You are responsible for leading user-centered design activities and developing teams that do UX work related to our eCommerce channels. Additionally, you will work with our Product & Technology partners to understand their projects' design requirements and develop creative solutions for meeting those needs & the customers.
You are an obsessed advocate for the customers who use our products as well as the internal stakeholders in CDW's organization. You have a practiced eye for effective design and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You excel through innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. You are a proven strategic thinker and collaborator who excels in a large organization. You believe that design is more than how something looks, but also what it is, how it feels and how it functions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads a team of UX Designers and educate the UX team on the importance of following a User-centered Design process
- Works across various functional groups to understand business and feature requirements while encouraging problem-solving, strategic thinking and customer orientation amongst the team
- Collaborates with Product & Technology teams to understand and address technical possibilities and constraints
- Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing features by conducting/participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data. Contributes to the creation and evolution of design principles, guidelines and patterns that feed the global design system
- Develops their team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and mentoring, and conducting performance reviews and conversations
- Establishes, evolves and evangelizes design strategy across the company
- Communicates standard methodologies for design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key partners
- Teams up with User Researchers and other UI Designers to maintain consistency across the digital ecosystem and solve cross-application design challenges
- Creates training and career development plans and ensures assignments with growing levels of responsibility are given to team associates for growth opportunities
- Schedule and facilitate meetings and UX reviews to maximize the team’s time and effectiveness and ensure action items are captured and communicated
- Demonstrated work-experience in helping individuals and organizations understand and embrace the value of Human-Centered Design and Service Design and how to engage
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 4 years of web design experience AND
- 4 years of web design experience of which at least 2 years prior experience designing for a high-volume transactional website
- 2 years people management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of User Interface Design principles and processes, Human Factors, Interaction Design guidelines, industry standards and trends, and the product development process; especially in the online (web) and mobile environment (tablet and phone)
- Experience of working within an Agile development environment
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating workflow, while meeting deadlines.
- Portfolio required
- Master’s degree in HCI, design, or a related field
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current design or management tools (Azure DevOps, XD, Figma, Adobe suite) Experience in both agencies and client-side
- Mobile and Responsive Design experience
- Proficient experience with eCommerce websites
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.