The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Senior Manager, Data Science will play a key leadership role in internal and external data science and AI product development along with advisory services. This leader will be responsible for a team of data scientists who are involved in researching, designing, developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and data analytics for CDW Marketing, Digital and Sales related data products. This leader will leverage CDW’s data labs environment to create insights and data products to help CDW learn more about its customers, as well as enable our Marketing, Digital and sales teams who are interfacing with the customers to be more efficient and effective. This role has end-to-end responsibility from ideation through to enablement and adoption of the data products and insights.
Reporting to the Director of Data Science and Analytics at CDW, the ideal candidate will work with ML Engineering, Product Management and Technology stakeholders to lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching Data Science and AI strategy and Architecture that will align investments enabling growth, while producing insights through machine learning and deep learning techniques.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and Deliver Data Science and AI Strategy to address CDW's multi-year, multi-technology and multi-consumption model strategy.
- Lead the consultative development of tailored solutions to business problems that demonstrate thought leadership.
- Communicate complex ideas clearly to tell a data story with the appropriate business language.
- Work directly with client stakeholders to develop technical solutions for business cases.
- Work closely with internal technical and business stakeholders to shape the success of projects.
- Approach the problems with a business-oriented mindset to develop an understanding and documentation of business problems, product requirements and success metrics.
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data technologies and trends.
- Lead and mentor a team of data scientists to explore & process data from disparate sources, generate actionable insights, drive the use of advanced analytics methods to test hypotheses and perform analytical deep dives to identify problems, opportunities and actionable insights
- Develop CDW Data Science and Machine Learning design, build, test and deploy standards.
- Establish and execute a strong model risk management process that governs internal and external models used in the company.
- Define and lead design and development of foundational growth enablers, including self-serve analytics, customer insights, mission learning models for product recommendations and segmentation, market attribution, forecast and risk, etc.
- Guide and mentor ML engineering and data product management teams to raise collective technical expertise.
- Define Micro services Infrastructure by analyzing currently used platform architecture, technology, and tools.
- Discover areas of the customer experience and business that can be automated through machine learning.
- Lead complex Big Data and Data Science Architecture and whiteboarding sessions.
- Participate in performance testing to ensure Big Data Architecture meets the needs of the data science and AI teams.
- Keep abreast of the new technologies and trends in the AI and Data Sciences.
- Keep evaluating new tools and technologies in this space and form a point of view.
- Actively participate in the industry externally through internet research, white papers, or conferences.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 8+ years of increasing experience in a combination of data science, analytics, statistics, software development, operations research, engineering or computational finance.
- 3+ years of managerial experience leading data science teams.
- Experience in leading data science teams and managing implementation projects that utilize big data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Strong understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing.
- Strong experience building end-to-end data view with focus on seamless integration.
- Ability to effectively present information, interact with and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Passion to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new techniques.
- Advanced Level - Experience with scripting languages use (Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, Java, Scala).
- Entry Level - Big Data technologies, Azure, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Flume, NoSQL stores (HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB).
- Entry Level -Data Science Workbenches: Cloudera, SAS etc.
- Experience working for consumer or business-facing digital brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Statistic, Economics, Operation Research, Data Science, Computer Science or related quantitate field.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.