The VMO’s Strategic Sourcing Manager is a leadership position that manages both the staff and processes related to the procure-to-pay and category management processes. This role also develops and administrates procurement policies, procedures, and process improvements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provides the agile project management skills needed to assess and restructure procurement processes and implement any related changes as needed.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reports for Technology to ensure that all service level initiatives are being met per department goals and objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day workloads of the VMO’s Technology Procurement team and ensures that procurements align to the overall sourcing strategy.
- Participates in regular Quarterly Business Reviews with Category Management to ensure that vendors provide the quality and cost savings needed to maintain long term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Maintains open lines of communication with stakeholders to address issues and understands current business objectives and trends.
- Uncovers savings opportunities and collaborates with Category Management to jointly lead the execution of industry best practices as it relates to contractual terms and conditions.
- Hires, trains and manages procurement and category management staff
- Drives procurement decisions based on cost, scenario analysis, and market trends.
- Estimates risks and applies risk minimizing techniques while ensuring that contracts comply with policies and industry standards
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Technology or related discipline
- 5 years of strategic sourcing and/or procurement experience with a minimum of three years in a leadership capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines in an agile work environment
- Demonstrated experience leading projects, effectively delegating responsibilities and managing P&L responsibilities
- History of building and maintaining productive cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills as it relates to vendor management.
- Strong contract law, risk management, strategic sourcing, and business planning skills.
- Highly efficient use of Microsoft applications to include Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- CPSM, C.P.M., CPSD, or PMP certification must be obtained within 15 months of employment. If already licensed, the certification must be current.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Administration, Finance, Management, Supply Chain, Economics, or Technology. Current certification as a CPSM, CPM, CPSD, PMP, or APICS
- 6 or more years experience as a Strategic Sourcing or Procurement Manager in an enterprise environment
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.