The SMARTnet Business Development Specialist is responsible for driving sales growth specifically for SMARTnet within CDW. Primarily working with CDW sales teams to develop pipeline and facilitate sales using partner programs as well as incentives to deliver the best solution for the customer while maintaining profitability when crafting solutions.
The Business Development Specialist – SuccessTracks is responsible for accelerating the expansion, adoption and value realization of Cisco SuccessTracks solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and manage a territory sales strategy (geography and/or market segment) to meet or exceed bookings targets
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasting and visibility activity by keeping a current pipeline using forecasting tools
- Collaboratively work with Product Protections Specialists, Partner Specialists, Presales and Networking Specialists in a given geography to identify and facilitate opportunities
- Work with sales management to identify specific behaviors, knowledge, and skill areas for focus and evaluation for development of the general Product Protection audience.
- Present logical and well-organized arguments, data, and concrete business examples
- Clearly explain relevant facts, effectively distinguish Cisco Service offerings from competitors, offer Cisco Service product configuration / pricing / program assistance, and present a well-prepared compelling case to the customer for purchase of Cisco Service solutions.
- Attain quarterly and annual sales quota
- Conduct high level conversations and training presentations
- Consistently build and deliver on account and opportunity pipeline
- Drive sales and profitability for a specific product line
- Follow-up on and qualify leads
- Generate new business opportunities to grow pipeline
- Identify key decision makers and manage the sales process
- Negotiate pricing and incentive programs and facilitate business
- Proactively call into established targeted accounts
- Increase rapid acceptance of SMARTnet in the geography through:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the SMARTnet portfolio
- Defining and articulating a strategy and solution by customer or vertical
- Partnering with other teams to align horizontal solutions with key accounts
- Assume a leadership role utilizing field experiences in developing next generation solutions both alone and with partners
- Two year minimum experience with strategic account planning and consultative sales
- High School Diploma
- Proven track record of organically growing white space
- History of facilitating larger sales solutions over $1M in revenue
- Proven Customer and SMARTnet level interaction skills required
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills in executive and informal settings required.
- Must be knowledgeable or have some related experience in the technical industry
- Able to communicate technical concepts and business solutions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interact with senior level managemen.
- Ability to craft comprehensive SMARTnet solutions and to articulate business benefits of those solutions
- Experience in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Cisco tools
- Motivated seller with strong problem solving skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Successful completion of a recognized formal sales training program(s)
- Knowledge of CDW SMARTnet business model
- Knowledge of CDW ordering process.
- Knowledge of strategic use of financing for large purchases
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.