Sirius Federal, LLC, a subsidiary of Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc., is looking for a Senior Wireless Network Engineer, with a current Secret security clearance, to work at client site located in Washington, DC.
The primary purpose of this position is for the Senior Cisco and Aruba networks wireless engineering support to include campus and wide area Wi-Fi, troubleshooting, and Level 3 operational support for the campus and wide area Wi-Fi networks. Extensive experience in design, implementation, and support of complex Wi-Fi networks, provisioning and troubleshooting wide area services, diagnosing, and resolving equipment configuration and network problems, monitoring network faults and performance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Engineering design and implementation for data, voice, and/or video services.
- Providing Senior‐level operational Wi-Fi support (troubleshooting and resolving network problems and outages).
- Monitoring advanced network and system performance.
- Documentation (network diagrams, network device configuration templates, design validation reports, testing plans, etc.).
- Coordinating work on projects including assigning and scheduling tasks.
- Following IT Governance methodology for managing projects.
- System engineering technical support
- Familiarity with large Federal wireless networks
- Perform wireless survey’s using Ekahau tools
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 6+ years of hands‐on experience designing, implementing, and supporting complex data networks.
- Extensive hands‐on experience with Cisco routers and switches, Cisco IOS and Catalyst OS, routing protocols EIGRP, and TCP/IP, IEEE 802.x Ethernet, IPsec, and Wireless networking.
- Deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWae and cloud-based Aruba Central.
- Knowledge of NetFlow and NMS systems.
- Senior‐level troubleshooting of complex wireless networks.
- Designing and implementing for Wi-Fi redundancy and failover.
- Implementing best practices and applicable information security/information assurance policies and principles in the delivery of network services.
- SDLC and system engineering technical support.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing data/voice/video communications projects.
- Work across teams and functional areas.
- Train and/or transfer knowledge. Contractor must train House staff on new technologies and services prior to deployment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Listen to customer concerns, be responsive to individual customer needs, and work with customers to answer their service questions.
- Must have at least one current active Cisco certification pertaining to networking; dedicated wireless certification preferred such as:
- CCNP wireless
Aruba Certified Mobility Expert v8.x (ACMX) or Aruba Certified Design Expert (ACDX)
Aruba Certified Switch Professional (ACSP) (must have within 4 months of hire)
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and written
Motivated by challenges and has a strong sense of commitment to objectives
Ability to foster strong relationships at all levels
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.