The TEC lab Specialist implements and supports the TEC lab infrastructure and applications for coworker access and customer demonstrations. The TEC Lab Specialist builds upon prior knowledge, experience, and knowledge developed in the role to deliver a stable, secure, scalable and flexible lab environment for use by CDW pre & post sales resources as well as customers for demonstration and proof of concept of leading edge solutions available through CDW.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Plan and participate in infrastructure improvement projects that incorporate aspects of compute, storage, security, transport, power & cooling, cloud, and software.
- Design plan, and implement solutions using the latest technology.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Serve as a resource to pre & post sales coworkers to demonstrate and train (i.e. brown-bag, tech talks, virtual and onsite installation sessions) new solutions from CDW Diamond and Diamond Elite partners.
- Perform inventory updates of TEC infrastructure
- Provides vendor-agnostic product demonstrations to provide high level design and proof of concept testing and scenarios to address client requirements
- Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
- Prepares product deliverable templates, client timetables, and test plans for client POCs and bake-offs
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Associates degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of hands-on demonstrable experience working with and supporting technology solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Basic knowledge of CDW’s internal systems
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
- Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd party vendors and OEM's to install and configure products and develop demonstrations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong customer service and sales skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Partner Relationship Management - Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners (for example internal academy/ACE participants and external vendors)
- Ability to quickly learn about new technology and keep pace with an ever-changing industry.
- Demonstrate ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of force rarely (0-12%% of the workday). The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Technical pre-sales support experience
- Working knowledge in public cloud-based solutions
- Two Admin level certifications, and two of the following Engineer level certifications or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum of four years of experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge. Apple, Cisco, Dell, HPE/Aruba, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, VMWare or other comparable certification
- Ability to maintain and create technical documentation for the Enterprise Level customers
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.