The “Lead Network Engineer - Managed Services” position exists to ensure the stable and optimal operation of customer computer networks, including:
- Analyses, development, and implementation of network engineering solutions
- Plan, develop, install, configure, and maintain network engineer solutions to optimize network operation including hardware, software, and communication links
- Analyze and engineer network solutions including end user hardware and software computer issues
- Provide guidance to less experience network engineers
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyses, development, and implementation of networking engineering to managed service customers.
- Plan, develop, install, configure, and maintain network engineering solutions to optimize network operation including hardware, software, communication links, and security
- Provide networking engineering solutions for customer managed service networks
- Perform network configuration changes to networking equipment involving data, switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Troubleshoots network routing and switching issues and performs incident and problem management resolution
- Performs lifecycle upgrades on managed networking equipment.
- Create technical documentation
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related engineering field
- At least seven (7) years of network engineering experience including:
- Planning, implementing, and maintaining complex network solutions (including routers, switches, data, LANs/WANs, software, Security, wireless, and data center infrastructure )
- Cisco hardware, Firewall Hardware, Nexus Hardware, Multi-vendor Hardware and Microsoft programs
Other Position Requirements
- Experience with various Lan/WAN technologies including analog and digital circuits
- Experience with multiple network technology (route/switch/data, and security)
- Experience with enterprise level routing and switching technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of network problem determination and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design workable solutions.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Cisco Network certifications:
- CCNP (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Routing & Switching, Security, Service Provider, Wireless)
- CCNA (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Industrial, Routing & Switching, Wireless, Security, Service Provider, Voice)
- Security certifications:
- Checkpoint CCSA, CCSE
- Crossbeam experience
- Palo Alto PCNSE
- Automated Delivery Controller (ADC) certifications:
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCAN)
The position exists to provide network engineering and lifecycle consulting solutions to managed service customers, and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites, and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties and position requirements are not all inclusive and subject to change based on factor based on customer, technology company needs and priorities.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.