Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Consultant will provide best in class technology guidance for Sirius clients through performing services such as: project implementation, adoption of industry best practices, device and software configurations, network optimization and advanced efficient troubleshooting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides research, analyses, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Performs overall solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
- Performs project duties for to include providing implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between project team members
- Develops and reviews basic technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job
- Achieves a high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations set by technical leads and project managers
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) obligations prior to services delivery
- Contributes to and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates suitable for use by other consultants and analysts
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Develops strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Mentors and coaches Analyst and Sr. Analyst resources
- May work independently or on teams under the direction of a Managing or Principal Consultant
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Training/Certifications: Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by management
- Administrative Overhead – Responds to email, phone calls, completes time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years of Information Technology work experience with one or more solutions in the Sirius Data Center Transformation services portfolio
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot IT Infrastructure and/or software systems and configurations using procedures, scripts, and templates
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide day-to-day guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Relevant certifications in area of technical specialty
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.