The incumbent in this position is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing customer relationship management of large managed services customers.
The Senior Customer Success Manager (Sr. CSM) role focuses on post-sale solution adoption. This role is responsible for working with sales, pre-sales, services, and channel teams to plan and organize customer success strategies. The incumbent has strong customer management and business consultancy skills and is passionate about proactively engaging with their customers and expanding their use cases. The CSM develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales & Services Management of the customers they support and is seen as a trusted advisor to grow business. The CSM is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple families of solutions. The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team. The CSM role will also focus on lifecycle management of collaboration solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the overall and ongoing relationship with multiple, enterprise level Managed Services customers through strategic, proactive, open, responsive and collaborative relationship management.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor realtionship with each assigned customer and drive continued value of our Managed services solutions.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their business objectives.
- Demonstrates advanced insights and understanding of customers business/industry.
- Act as Voice of the Customer and provide feedback to Services, Sales, Operations and Channel teams as appropriate.
- Conduct onsite customer meetings as appropriate.
- Escalate critical customer issues and ensure escalation ownership with internal resources.
- Grow Managed Services footprint through strategic, proactive, open, responsive and collaborative relationship management.
- Own, define and drive renewals across assigned customer base
- Key Areas of Responsibility – Managed Services specific identify, phased upsell and cross sell opportunities from account base, including the facilitation of change orders, as necessary.
- Request Processing: Receives, prioritizes, monitors and delivers customer requests based on the service level agreement and customers’ needs.
- Engineering Resource Coordination: Works with engineering staff for resource assignment and execution.
- Reporting and Documentation: On a regular basis or when requested by customer, delivers enterprise level strategic information (monthly, quarterly and adhoc).
- Develop and deliver “success plans” to key customers identifying stakeholders, milestones, metrics, and risks inherent in an implementation.
- Ability to conduct confident high level conversations with customer stakeholders.(C Level, Director, and VP)
- Process Improvement: Continually look for ways to improve CDW processes in effort to drive a better customer experience.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring Associate and Customer Success Managers.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
- Four or more years of experience in customer success management, IT services delivery management, project management or account management of multiple customers.
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written. Includes handling IT terminology with diverse customer audiences
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work well indpendently and lead teams.
- Demonstrates a high degree of organization with solid attention to detail with a penchange for accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work well with teams to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- High degree of organization and solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with all internal clients and contacts
- Ability to communicate with coworkers at all levels in the organization
- Ability to continually learn new technology and to keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- IT knowledgeable
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Customer Success Certified
- PMP and/or Project Management experiences
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.