The primary purpose of this position is to integrate and deliver a wide range of technology solutions to clients. This role works in a quality, professional manner to complete project responsibilities on time and on budget, resulting in high customer satisfaction. This position may also provide pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects deliverables.
The primary purpose of this role is to integrate, configure, and troubleshoot new and used/eval equipment for client engagements (in labs and client suites). The Engineer, Integration Services is responsible for remote hands requests and ServiceNow requests, (including after hours and weekends) and daily inspections for Hosting Services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides on-site computer hardware integration/configuration/troubleshooting services, including but not limited to:
- Install/Move/Add/Change physical infrastructure (Racks, Servers, Network, Storage, Cabling, Power Supplies, and Peripherals)
- Install and configure operating systems, network connections/configurations and critical management items
- PDP (Pre-Delivery Prep)
- Remote Hands / Smart Hands Support
- Firmware upgrades and management configurations
- Server OS installs
- Asset labeling, Hostname labeling, cabling
- ServiceNow requests
- Stays abreast of technology changes along with training and certification requirements or updates
- Communicates with Line of Business (LOB) Product specialists to confirm customer specific integration and/or configuration requirements, and answer any questions the customer may have
- On as needed basis, assume Dock Responsibilities and be enabled to manage dock area, doors, and warehouse maintenance. This includes receiving, booking, and preparing shipments.
- Ensures scheduling accuracy and complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc) for the Integration Services practice
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation.
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years of IT engineering experience dealing with infrastructure solutions in a specified Sirius practice (Networking, Converged Infrastructure/Storage, etc).
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot IT Infrastructure systems and configurations in the designated practice
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction on all engagements
- Relevant certifications in area of technical specialty, such as CCNA, CCNP, VCP, or others
- Consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Forklift operation certification
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers as part of the Integration and Deployment Services practice, and as such, requires the ability to work onsite in the Elk Grove Village, IL integration center. There will be periodic opportunities to travel to and from vendors for training purposes and interact with customers via remote conferencing technologies on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, position requirements and essential functions are not all inclusive and subject to change based on changing business/customer/client needs.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.