The Project Manager coordinates project resources and activities for multiple medium-sized, medium to high complexity projects in the MessageOps Microsoft Cloud practice, a division of Sirius/CDW.. This position ensures that project goals and objectives are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters. The Project Manager works in a quality, professional manner to complete project responsibilities on time and on budget thus resulting in high client satisfaction.
**Position Requires occasional nights and weekends (Project Specific)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds work plans, timelines, and schedule development tasks for medium sized, medium to high complexity projects
- Demonstrates good knowledge of specifics of the Statements of Work (SOWs) for assigned projects
- May create resource estimates in partnership with Client Executive and the ultimate project owner across multiple medium-sized/ medium to high complexity projects
- Manages projects in partnership with the Client Executive and ultimate project owner on multiple medium- sized/ medium to high complexity projects
- May serve as the Project Manager on large, medium or small sized, complex projects
- Accountable for identifying and reporting project variances to timeline, budgets and deliverables on multiple medium-sized/ medium to high complexity projects
- Takes ownership to do more detailed analysis of issues and risks to more fully illustrate the impact and interdependencies that are possible
- Brings recommendations and ideas for risk mitigation to leadership, performs root cause analysis (RCA) and provides crisp documentation
- Escalates risks to the right person and with the required data/supporting documentation
- Conduct/creates detailed stakeholder analysis
- Tracks and manages engagements to the SOW and maintains project financials across multiple large to medium-sized/ medium to high complexity projects
- Builds and uses time tracking tools to monitor overall budgets across multiple large to medium-sized/ medium to high complexity projects
- Develops and enhances the time tracking tools and processes for Sirius
- Runs variance analysis on budgeted vs. actual and provides status updates
- Runs detailed analysis on the schedule, and provides cause/effect information to project leadership. Factors the results into the critical path and updates dependencies
- Defines new/client specific standards , targets, and measures for products, processes and services. Proactively follows up on variances that impact quality
- Takes ownership for Status Meetings/Reports, Change Orders, and Invoicing
- May have accountability for Internal Kick-off meetings, Client Kick off meetings, Day 1 Assessment, Mid Project Assessment, Project Closure and Follow on Work
- Interacts with mid-level client stakeholders on a regular basis (Sr. Manager, Director level) on Change Management issues
- Looks for and identifies new opportunities with clients (cross-sell opportunities are identitifed)
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within the context of best practices and making recommendations necessary to achieve targeted objectives
- Provides guidance to less experienced project team members on PM tools and techniques, including MS Project
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Training/Certifications: Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by management
- Administrative Overhead – Responds to email, phone calls, completes time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or a related field
- At least three (3) years of project management experience dealing with cloud solutions Microsoft services experience required
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated skills in MS Project, excel and word
- Demonstrated understanding of contracts, project planning, the development lifecycle, and product offerings
- Demonstrated ability to modify a core project plan given dependencies, with limited input/review from others
- Ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of multiple factors
- Demonstrated ability to conduct/create impact analysis to identify positive, negative or neutral impacts to key audience groups
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to set and prioritize goals and pursue them to completion
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and ensure that others input is gathered and discussed
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to provide day-to-day guidance to less experienced project team members
- PMP certification
- Microsoft Solutions
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical project management consulting solutions to customers and as such may require the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis, remote project management is required .
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Project Coordinator level, plus the following:
Ensures Accountability - Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
Decision Quality - Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
Directs Work - Provides clear direction and accountabilities. Delegates and distributes assignments and decisions appropriately. Monitors progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results. Provides appropriate guidance and direction based on peoples' capabilities. Intervenes as needed to remove obstacles.
Drives Results - Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve goals.
Situational Adaptability - Picks up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment. Readily adapts personal, interpersonal and leadership behavior. Understands that different situations may call for different approaches. Can act differently depending on the circumstances
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.