The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain IT infrastructure environments for Managed Services customers, which may include, but are not limited to network infrastructure environments; NFV systems. The Managed Services Engineer ensures high levels of availability and security of the supported systems and business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of network function virtualized and physical infrastructures in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
This position will also ensure the stable operation of our customers’ data networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. This position will also analyze and assist in resolving hardware and software problems in the network in a timely and accurate fashion.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of technical tasks in support of Managed Services customers. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Installs, implements, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client network infrastructure solutions.
- Plans, develops, installs, configures, maintains, supports, and optimizes client network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, and responds to network performance issues.
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on the network in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Performs updates/patches/upgrades, and tuning.
- Researches and makes recommendations on infrastructure products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Conducts network performance audits.
- Performs routine system backups and restores.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises and planning.
- Follows change control, incident response, and testing processes.
- Communicates and enforces, through system procedures, and retention policies.
- Monitors, analyzes, and predicts trends for equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements.
- Creates scripts to automate common tasks.
- Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and change orders, providing internal management and customer account managers with status information.
- Creates required reports in response to business user needs.
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network equipment administration and appropriate use.
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc.) for the Managed Services practice.
- Works with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client relationship.
- Partners with the Managed Services Continuous Improvement team on pre-sales support activity and design and scoping of services.
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost, and level of effort for proposal generation.
- Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines.
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry guidelines.
- Training/Certifications: Attend’s training sessions and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- At least three (3) years of IT engineering work experience dealing with one or more infrastructure solutions supported by the Managed Services practice (Networking Infrastructure, network virtualization technologies, monitoring infrastructure, and/or security tools)
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of various WAN technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise level routing and switching technologies.
- Demonstrated network problem determination and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in at least one network technology (route/switch/security/load balancing/etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to design workable solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco hardware, F5/Citrix ADC Hardware, Firewall Hardware, Nexus Hardware, Multi-vendor Hardware and Microsoft programs.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a managed service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Managed Services experience
- Infoblox or Bluecat DDI experience
- One or more of the following Cisco certifications:
- CCNP (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Routing & Switching, Security, Service Provider, Wireless)
- CCNA (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Industrial, Routing & Switching, Wireless, Security, Service Provider, Voice)
- One or more of the following Security certifications:
- Juniper JNCP, JNCIA-SEC, JNCIA-Junos
- Fortinet NSA1, NSP, NSA5, NSE
- Palo Alto PCCET, PCNSA, PCNSE
- One or more of the following Automated Delivery Controller (ADC) certifications:
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator F5-CA, F5-CTS, F5-CSE
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking CCAN
Data Privacy & Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.