The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain IT infrastructure environments for Managed Services customers, which may include, but are not limited to: enterprise data storage systems, mainframe (IBM System z), midrange (IBM Power), Windows, and/or Unix/Linux systems and associated software; network infrastructure environments; virtualized systems, database systems, and security tools. The Managed Services Engineer ensures high levels of availability and security of the supported systems and business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of virtualized and physical infrastructure in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of technical tasks in support of Managed Services customers. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Installs, implements, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions
- Plans, develops, installs, configures, maintains, supports, and optimizes client network hardware, software, and communication links
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, and responds to system performance issues
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Performs database installations, updates/patches/upgrades, tuning, performance monitoring, replication, back-ups, security, user management, and resource management
- Researches and makes recommendations on infrastructure products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Conducts transaction, performance, and security audits
- Performs routine system backups and restores
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises and planning
- Follows change control, incident response, and testing processes
- Communicates and enforces, through system procedures, data storage retention policies
- Monitors, analyzes, and predicts trends for equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements
- Creates scripts to automate common tasks
- Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and change orders, providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
- Creates required reports in response to business user needs
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for systems and /or database administration and appropriate use
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc) for the Managed Services practice
- Works with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client relationship
- Partners with the Managed Services Continuous Improvement team on pre-sales support activity and design and scoping of services
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
- Complies with time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years of IT engineering work experience dealing with enterprise level endpoint management tools and platforms (e.g. BigFix, SCCM, Tanium, etc. ) as a subject matter expert
- Hands-on experience with tool deployment, configuration, customization, and endpoint management in a large enterprise setting
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure technologies including one or more of the following: DHCP, DNS, WINS, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects
- Demonstrated experience in security/vulnerability research and mitigation with a focus on patch remediation
- Demonstrated experience reviewing vulnerability bulletins/findings and providing recommended mitigation and impact assessments
- Knowledge of BigFix, BigFix Web Reports, BigFix Console in an enterprise setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of local area network administration
- Experience with software and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with hypervisors such as Acropolis, Hyper-V and/or vSphere
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a managed services environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Microsoft/VMWare professional certifications such as: MCSE, VCP, etc.
- BigFix programming in Relevance, VB Scripting, or PowerShell Scripting using the BigFix console/WebUI
- Experience with Tanium engineering and supporting Tanium modules
- Managed Services experience
Data Privacy & Security
- Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non- compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.