Business Development Higher Education - Apple
As an Apple Business Development Executive (BDE), you will be responsible for driving sales growth for the Apple product lines within the Higher Education account base and work with specific named accounts. Primarily working with CDW sales team (including Account Managers, Account Executives, Sales Management, and Partner Specialists), you will need to develop net new pipeline and close sales using Apple programs and incentives, to deliver the best solution and price for the customer, while maintaining profitability.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Attain quarterly and annual sales quota
- Follow-up on and qualify leads
- Manage and generate new business opportunities to grow pipeline
- Report pipeline and forecast to all stakeholders weekly
- Identify key decision makers and manage the sales process
- Negotiate pricing and incentive programs and close business
- Proactively call into established targeted accounts
- Work with Apple, CDW account team and customers to integrate a dedicated Apple CDW maintained eProcurement portal
- Provide monthly reporting of sales, wins, losses and sales inhibitors to your manager
- Collaborate with Apple Education inside and field teams as well as the CDW Account Teams to build a go to market strategy, deliver value prop, increase Apple sales within targeted accounts, and increase CDW/Apple brand awareness and visibility
- Work with CDW and Apple sales in all aspects of the sales cycle, including local/regional industry and customer events.
- Adhere to ethical and fair business practices, following the CDW Way principles
- Participate in annual Performance Review and Talent Review processes
- Travel as needed (up to 50%)
- Maintain expense and budget expectations
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Position is open to candidates with higher education experience or existing Apple Pre-Sales Teams, inclusive of PPM and Sales.
- 2+ years' experience in inside sales, field sales or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), presentation skills, and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to build strong relationships both within CDW, as well as partners and customers
- Aptitude to work with Executive and C-Level contacts within CDW, Apple and Customers
- Must be a self-starter and able to meet and exceed expectations with limited supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Proven track record of organically growing white space
- Proven Customer and level interaction skills required
- Conduct high level conversations and training presentations
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills in executive and informal settings required
- Must be knowledgeable or have some related experience in the technical industry
- Able to communicate technical concepts and business solutions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interact with senior level management levels
- Experience in a collaborative environment
- Motivated seller with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or 6+ years relevant work experience in sales or marketing
- Thorough understanding of Apple pricing programs
- 2+ years' experience in Sales and/or Marketing with responsibility for monthly & quarterly sales targets
- Established relationships and 2+ years' experience selling to Higher Education market
- Established track record of successful quote driven sales attainment
- Established track record of strong executive level communication (C-Level, Dept Head, etc.)
- Familiarity in directing and maintaining enterprise-level sales proposals and contracts
- Strong working knowledge of the Higher Education market with a focus on additional learning
- Familiarity of eCommerce and eProcurement functionalities and value proposition
- Strong knowledge of CDW's value prop and ability to execute solution focused marketing programs effectively
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.