The primary purpose of this position is to monitor existing enterprise monitoring implementation following best practices, policies, and procedures for system monitoring and event management. This position will perform a variety of assignments associated with system monitoring, incident, problem and change management; including monitoring agent installation, configuration, and maintenance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages installation, configuration, and management of the monitoring infrastructure in both physical and virtual environments
- Gathers monitoring requirements, defines and configures alert thresholds, and ensures proper notifications for events are being received by appropriate teams to assist various technical teams
- Analyzes system failures
- Troubleshoots end user and server-side issues
- Responds to internal customer requests for features or changes to the monitoring, ticketing, and asset tracking systems
- Develops system dashboards and reports from information collected by the monitoring system, correlate and provide users with a meaningful interpretation of the information Follows up with states agents regarding account issues
- Works with network and system administration teams to ensure new systems are built and deployed proper configuration for monitoring
- Creates and maintains monitoring scripts to automate common tasks
- Creates and maintains documentation and procedures
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
- Performs a variety of technical tasks in support of Managed Services customers. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Installs, implements, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions
- Plans, develops, installs, configures, maintains, supports, and optimizes client network hardware, software, and communication links
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, and responds to system performance issues
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Performs database installations, updates/patches/upgrades, tuning, performance monitoring, replication, back-ups, security, user management, and resource management
- Researches and makes recommendations on infrastructure products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Conducts transaction, performance, and security audits
- Performs routine system backups and restores
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises and planning
- Follows change control, incident response, and testing processes
- Communicates and enforces, through system procedures, data storage retention policies
- Monitors, analyzes, and predicts trends for equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements
- Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and change orders, providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
- Creates required reports in response to business user needs
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for systems and /or database administration and appropriate use
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc) for the Managed Services practice
- Works with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client relationship
- Partners with the Managed Services Continuous Improvement team on pre-sales support activity and design and scoping of services
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years of IT engineering work experience dealing with one or more infrastructure solutions supported by the Managed Services practice (Networking Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, Mainframe, Midrange, Windows, and/or Unix/Linux systems, virtualization technologies, monitoring infrastructure, database systems, and/or security tools)
- At least five (5) years experience in one of the following areas: systems and/or network administrator or application developer, to include at least five (5) years experience administering enterprise monitoring applications
- Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in application development
- Demonstrated knowledge of SNMP base monitoring tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Demonstrated experience working in IT environment with multiple logical and physical segments and multiple WAN circuits
- Demonstrated technical experience with application hosting environments that include web servers, databases, virtualization, storage, content network switches and firewalls, to create business applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Enterprise Monitoring metrics and ITIL best practices
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot IT Infrastructure systems and configurations in designated area of specialty
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a managed services environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Preferred Qualifications
- ITIL certification
- ScienceLogic Certifications
- Managed Services experience
Data Privacy & Security
- Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non- compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.