CDW is looking for a Product Design Director to join the team and drive innovative design thinking. To reach our next phase of growth, CDW is digitally enabling every part of the business and experience to transform our model and meet our future growth potential. The CDW Digital team simplifies the complex world of technology through seamless digital experiences for our customers, sellers and partners. The Product Design Director will report to the Vice President of Design and will lead human-centered design activities and develop Product Design teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead teams of product designers, UX Research and UX content practitioners in delivering exceptional customer-facing, B2B digital experiences
- Collaborate with key functional leaders, senior business executives, digital product management staff, and IT engineering to define the portfolio capabilities that will deliver an experience of the future across the CDW ecosystem
- Work across various functional groups to understand business and feature requirements while encouraging problem-solving, strategic thinking and customer orientation amongst the team
- Connect the teams you lead to CDW’s vision and strategy, making the complex simple
- Establish, evolve and evangelize design strategy across the company
- Partner with User Research to engage our customer, seller and partner populations to understand their needs
- Recruit, assess, hire, develop, and retain a team of excellent user experience and design practitioners
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design
- 3+ years of people management
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of User Interface Design principles and processes, Human Factors, Interaction Design guidelines, industry standards and trends, and the product development process; especially in the online (web) and mobile environment (tablet and phone) and in highly complex product areas
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current design or management tools (Azure DevOps, XD, Figma, Adobe suite)
- Significant experience providing design direction to deliver on strategic priorities and building processes that drive operational excellence.
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating workflow, while meeting deadlines.
- Experience managing employees across multiple products and/or programs.
- Experience developing products across desktop, mobile, kiosk, and other devices
- Experience working within Agile methodologies and framework
- Significant knowledge of the latest design patterns, emerging technologies and user experience practices.
- Portfolio of projects that demonstrate expertise as a creative director and experience designer
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience using outstanding verbal and written communicaiton skills to influence design and product development outcomes within a matrixed environment.
- Master’s degree in HCI, design, or a related field
- Proficient experience with eCommerce websites
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.