The Technical Lead is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Cloud Solutions Center shift while leveraging, improving & implementing ITIL best practices to deliver a “cloud-like” service on-demand next generation managed service. Duties will include ensuring L1 and L2 engineers are staffed, ensuring all cloud incidents, tickets, calls & alerts are addressed while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and Service Level Agreements. The Supervisor will also act as a single point of contact during any critical incident & also handle escalation management partnering with Cloud Client Insight Managers and Account Teams according to Standard Operating Procedures. In addition to supervising the level 1 and level 2 engineers, the Supervisor will lead daily shift change sessions & will also serve as the on-site single point of contact for the Service Delivery Teams and any Cloud Customers who wishes to escalate during that shift.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor, audit & report daily workflow to ensure engineers are working as efficiently as possible to provide the ultimate customer experience by meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate with fellow Supervisors to ensure adequate staffing and shift coverage.
- Set the daily objectives for the team, provide direct supervision for all working the shift, including performance and compensation assessments for assigned team members.
- Own & lead all Critical Cloud Incidents via defined Cloud Situation Management Process.
- Determine & define the training needs of team members and work with fellow supervisors, Cloud Solutions Center Leads & Operations Engineering Manager to coordinate regularly.
- Lead regular assessments which compile, review and present team performance metrics to managers and other stakeholders on a scheduled basis.
- Partner with peers to ensure the team is adhering to current governance & established processes and procedures. Create & implement regular audit schedule to validate adherence.
- Proactively Identify & implement process improvements and cloud automation opportunities across the teams.
- Proactively identity Cloud Command Center self-healing capabilities & automation.
- Recruit, hire, on-board, coach, mentor, motivate and develop coworkers in accordance with CDW Cloud Managed Services objectives & corporate culture.
- Work with peers & senior management to develop both strategically & tactile team goals and objectives.
- Provide input into the holistic strategic direction of the Cloud Solutions Center
- Associate or higher Degree from a recognized college or university, preferred in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering, or a related field, or qualifying industry experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a role where strategies to reduce, prevent or resolve escalations of conflicts and challenges were used
- At least seven (7) years of large - scale, enterprise - class planning, design, implementation and support experience
- At least five (5) years of customer service experience
- At least five (5) years of experience working in at least one public cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Certification in at least one public cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Familiarity and deep experience implementing ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, Change, Document & Service Management
- Strong, proven background in leading reporting & metrics capabilities, this includes; creating & generating base metrics from ticket systems, leveraging Excel & other tools
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and strong initiative to face the challenges of a very fastpaced, high-energy, yet sometimes stressful, customer-focused operations organization while maintaining composure at all times required
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication & problem solving skills
- Ability to think, work both creatively & strategically in large matrix organizations
- High organizational skills and the ability to delegate tasks efficiently
- Excellent work ethic - high output and attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong competency in managing through system with strong ability to lead and motivate people across various levels of the organization
- Schedule flexibility with ability to work non-standard business hours and shifts
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.