The HPE GreenLake Program Manager is responsible for one of the fastest-growing businesses at CDW and within the technology industry. This role focuses on Hewlett Packard Enterprise's GreenLake consumption-based solutions and growing the practice with CDW. This individual owns all aspects of the HPE GreenLake product offering for CDW, from inception to installation. They are integrally involved in interacting with customers, sales, pre-sales leadership, and other members of cross-functional teams from across CDW, HPE, and distribution. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The HPE GreenLake Program Manager drives opportunities with the account team, presents the value of the consumption model to customers, demonstrates CDW's value add/expertise, guides the deal through the multi-faceted sales cycles, and ensures success for the customer through deployment. They also manage the overall pipeline of their designated sales segment to ensure goal attainment. This individual is expected to develop and maintain strategic relationships with Sales Management and be seen as the trusted advisor to grow the consumption as a service business. This is a field-based position, and the coworker is expected to travel to customers, team meetings, industry conferences, and other key events throughout the year.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert on HPE GreenLake and regularly answers questions pertaining to CDW and HPE processes/offerings.
- Stays abreast of any HPE/CDW GreenLake practices through research, conferences, training seminars, and participation in professional associations. Shares information across the program management team.
- Drives account-level HPE GreenLake engagements and acts as key sales resources for CDW/HPE, Sales, presales, customers, and other key stakeholders.
- Instills trust with our CDW and HPE sales and presales teams by building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Present HPE GreenLake value proposition and solutions to both internal and external audiences.
- Escalates issues to the appropriate resources. Ensures regular communication and timely resolution.
- Accountable for project profitability. Tracks multiple budgets and consolidates and summarizes for executive stakeholders. Understands budget to actual variations for project phases, makes recommendations and adjustments. Tracks project and program margins against targets. Addresses financial warnings for individual projects and mitigates the effect with the Project Managers. Understands the economics of financial decisions across the portfolio within the client and its impact to CDW. Works with clients to position operational expenses vs. capital expenditures.
- Validates initial program/project scope and estimates. Understands and articulates the impact of project changes on the program. Influences and makes program recommendations at the executive stakeholder level and collaborates with the sales team to win business. Sets strategy for minimizing impact and risk to the client due to project changes.
- Maintains continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives. Makes recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business results or strategic intent.
- Identifies and interprets risks from dependent CDW projects and client projects and initiatives Understands how they impact the program and mitigates the risks. Aligns communications risks and plans to Project Managers and project stakeholders.
- Manages all dependencies from program work streams.
- Proactively conducts resource planning and optimizing billable schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary. Acts as an escalation point to address resource constraints in order to minimize impact to the program.
- Establishes and owns program communication plan. Consolidates, manages and executes project plans into program communications plan for all stakeholders and work streams.
- Takes accountability for project results. Is fiscally responsible to the client, the program, and to CDW. Holds project team accountable.
- Instills trust with our clients by building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Leverages business acumen and political savvy as well as relevant personal and CDW experience to build credibility.
- Demonstrates ability to diffuse uncomfortable situations with client and/or project team.
- Responsible for setting up the program mode of operation
- Has clear and concise communication. Leads and facilitates meetings. Keeps meetings on track, on topic and summarizes assigns and publishes follow up items in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style and medium to the audience needs. Adjusts communications based on complex political landscape
- Defines strategy and content for formal presentations and coaches project managers on delivery. Creates talking points and strategic messaging.
- Owns communication at the executive level
- Manages Stakeholders: Articulates and summarizes program and highlights the business impact and value. Produces program summary reports for executives. Interfaces regularly with executives on the status and issues of the projects. Is seen as a “Trusted Advisor” by executives about their business. Leads project managers within the program on managing their project teams and resolving issues.
- Negotiation: Develops negotiation strategy for complex negotiations, bringing solutions to Sales teams to resolve customer and/or project conflict. Negotiates conflicts of resources, due dates and priorities across the projects in their program. Is expected to assist project managers with challenging negotiations or assist in developing negotiation strategy.
- Sales Support: Advocates with sales on the value, experience and best practices of the CDW project management services. Proactively influences sales strategy through client executive relationships. Takes an active role in setting strategy, acting as a communication conduit between client and CDW bringing extensive knowledge of client business objectives and/or client’s operational organization to the opportunity
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or computer-related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in program management, sales, and/or resales.
- two or more years of experience in leading significant projects within a single Advanced Technology solution area.
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience selling as-a-service cloud solutions.
- Ability to analyze the partners, HPE portfolios and identify areas of collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to take accountability for programs and projects and their results, be fiscally responsible and lead teams to meet defined success factors
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies, proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Project/Office
- Ability to leverage business acumen, understand the organizational culture, each group’s roles and responsibilities, and know who the key influencers are in each area. relevant personal and CDW experience, perseverance and communication skills to build credibility
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills. Develops appropriate communication strategy based on both the needs of the program and stakeholders
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client’s needs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings, and client sites
- Experience and/or knowledge of HPE GreenLake consumption as-a-services business
- Experience with other next-gen competitive consumption as-a-service models
- Understanding of basic business finance conceptions and market trends.
- Obtain and maintain industry-standard certifications.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.