This position is responsible for examining and evaluating the purpose and content of business reports to develop new or improve existing formats, usage, and control. Recommends new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness. This position also provides data to management to help assist with business decisions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands system critical metrics around CPU, disk, and memory performance on all platforms. Builds and maintains performance and capacity reports on all customer environments.
- Understands performance data gathering methods, and effectively interpret information in a skilled and technical manner.
- Designs layout of reports using supplied tools from various reporting services such as SQL, SAS, Nimsoft, or Crystal Server. Reviews reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution, and purpose or function of report. Presents capacity planning to customer based on analysis and trends.
- Builds extensive reports on Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI) effects on internal and external service levels. Understands terms and conditions of SLAs in all contracts.
- Builds and maintains SLA reports for all customers. Identifies when SLA’s are not met, calculates penalties associated with the infraction, and insures correct credits are communicated to management for invoicing purposes.
- Ensures solid report distribution method is defined and successfully implemented.
- Manages ongoing data gathering processes from varied monitoring systems and investigates/implements improvements in these data gathering techniques.
- Active in management and development of standardized reporting/distribution methods using varied monitoring systems and tools such as ServiceNow, Excel, SAS, MXG, Access, and Crystal Reports to provide reports and analysis to assist management in obtaining business goals and strategic decisions.
- Active participation in industry audits including delivery of required reporting or data request. Includes furnishing supporting documentation for audit criteria.
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Three years of analytical and management reporting experience
- Knowledge of database reporting tools such as Crystal or Access, or other web deliverable reporting applications required
Other Position Requirements
- Knowledge of database terminology (i.e., SQL or SAS).
- Knowledge of Service Desk systems.
- Experience with performance reporting on multiple platforms (i.e., AIX, Mainframe, Power I, etc.)
- Skills in excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment - must escalate appropriate issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Must be detailed oriented - with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving.
- Experience with Web portal design or integration
- Experience with JAVA or JEE scripting language
- Essential Functions
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.