The Sr Software Eng II - Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of this role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Sr Software Eng II - Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as a model for best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform all stages of the software development life cycle, self-manage activities on smaller projects and serve as technical lead on small, medium and large projects.
- Determine operating requirements, costs, as well as resource needs for assigned projects and work in conjunction with a project manager on initiatives.
- Co-lead an agile team with Product Owner employing Salesforce best practices and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and UI design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
- Participate in application architecture planning (including framework design) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Lead / develop: High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes;
- Lead / develop: Detailed design specifications to achieve business requirements to be used by the technical team;
- Lead / develop: System test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished;
- Lead / develop: Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map, architecture standards, and by management
- Coach, mentor and monitor progress of jr. team members
- Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Report project/task status as part of daily scrums to the agile team, product owners, and product managers
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years application development experience.
- 4+ years experience with Lightning framework
- Must have knowledge and practical application of Visualforce, APEX; Force.com APIs, Web Services, and
- Experience builder
- Experience with source control systems like Azure DevOps, GIT
- Experience with creation and maintenace of Salesforce profiles permissionsets
- Experience in Salesforce integration with external systems and managed packages
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Deliver solutions in Agile methodology in CI/CD environment
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational, planning and creative problem solving-skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success of facilitation and solutions implementation.
- Proven track record of leading application development projects
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer facing skills that include conducting compelling technical briefing & demonstrations.
- Ability to perform effective code reviews and recommend automated review tools for the team.
- Experince in Agile SAFe Framework
- Experience supporting large scale Saleforce implementations including mutliple instances
- Experience with Salesforce GovCloud
- Ability to think through performance requirements for a system and lead optimizing/tuning.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.