Sirius Federal , LLC, is a CDW Company. We share common values as a performance-driven customer-focused culture. CDW is the leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers across the globe.
Sirius Federal, LLC is looking for a Gitlab Services Technical Consultant to work remotely.
Our GitLab Services Technical Consultant will be part of the Software Solutions Team and will have the ability to clearly understand, define and deliver customized DevSecOps solutions based on the GitLab platform and related technologies. The ideal GitLab Pre-Sales and Services Technical Consultant will be experienced in delivery of professional DevSecOps services to support customer training and services engagements specific to the GitLab solution and associated technology.
You will be a GitLab services consulting resource focused on delivering the formal GitLab Education Services, billable professional services engagements, and assisting our sales teams as needed for GitLab opportunities. Assist in recommending best practices for platform deployments of GitLab solutions and support the design of robust high-level architectures to meet their needs. Your focus areas will be to engage with customers to provide installation, migration, training, and advisory services. You will handle installations ranging from single-node GitLab Omnibus installs to large reference architectures utilizing IaC/CaC, migrations from multiple systems to GitLab SaaS or self-hosted, and advisory services across the entire GitLab feature stack.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience delivering DevSecOps consulting services over numerous technology platforms, preferably within the Federal market and including the GitLab solution.
- Act as a supporting role or a design lead on targeted projects, and drive delivery initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with sales and engineers to provide our customers with 100% success while being a true trusted advisor
- Provide support guidance where applicable to the technical team as a technical contributor.
- 4 years’ experience in delivering DevSecOps consulting services.
- 2 years’ experience specifically delivering services for GitLab platform engagements
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps (open-source software knowledge and familiarity considered a plus)
- Experience in building automation software in a collaborative environment.
- Agile methodology software development
- Application security vulnerability scanning and remediation
- DevOps toolchain integrations
- CI/CD pipeline creation and management
Other Position Requirements:
- History of software development expertise in Agile and DevOps methodologies as exemplified by commit history and participation in Merge Request Approval processes in collaboration with development team members.
- This is primarily a remote delivery position however you must have the ability to travel as needed up to 50% of the time.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to adapt to various business needs
- Must be capable of working well both independently and/or as part of a team.
- Must be abreast of industry trends and new technologies.
- Deliver Pre-Sales demonstrations, support white board discussions, and technical discussions to senior level decision makers and technical audiences
- US Federal government experience is a plus.
- GitLab formal certifications
- Specific highly desirable technical capabilities include (not all required):
- Experience deploying and integrating GitLab for DevSecOps solutions
- Experience deploying and integrating with configuration automation tools:
- Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of diverse DevSecOps products, platforms, and toolchains
- Experience deploying and managing Kubernetes containers and container technologies
- Experience in generating technical services scoping and Statements of Work
- Experience in deploying applications to the Cloud:
- Interest in and experience conducting formal technical training classes via remote or in-person engagements
- Work with customer engagement leads to help map out their DevOps transformation as it relates to GitLab and their tool chain
- Have progressive experience with any of the following:
- System integration and APIs
- Enterprise applications and data center operations
- Contributions to Project Management
- Network and/or application monitoring
The position exists to provide technical consulting and delivery services to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.