Sirius Federal, LLC is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers across the globe.
Sirius Federal, LLC is looking for a Network Engineer, Cisco ISE, to work at our client’s site located in Washington, DC). As a Network Engineer, you will support one of our major customers Cisco Identify Services Engine (ISE) deployment on-site by providing ongoing customer support while ensuring the implemented solution conforms to the customer’s current needs and meets expected outcomes. Your role will provide support and operation of network and security components which include routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and wireless devices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Network Engineer, you will support the infrastructure and ISE arena, possess excellent communication skills, and be able to articulate the technical and business value of the solution. Primary responsibility will be for device management support to include upgrades, advanced troubleshooting, configuration management (CM), advanced operational support and network engineering for the campus and wide area networks.
- Provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support during a daytime shift M-F during the hours of 6:00am to 10:00pm. Exact shift hours to be agree to with customer. Weekend, holiday and/or after-hours support will also be required for maintenance and upgrades as necessary.
- Operations responsibilities include:
- Coordinating new service (circuits), change service (i.e., moving T1 service from one location to another), working with vendors to discontinue old circuits and provision new and service providers on provisioning and orders.
- Configuring network devices including remote management and security.
- Running required reports and providing performance monitoring
- Ticket resolution responsibilities for troubleshooting and resolving problems and outages include:
- Level 1 Ticket Resolution for basic problems with usernames and passwords, verification of setup, installation issues, etc. For ISE this may involve identifying users/devices on ISE live logs, determining the root cause and the appropriate resolution.
- Level 2 Ticket Resolution is for issues that are more complex and cannot by resolved at Level 1. They require additional investigation along with verification of any known solutions to more complex issues. For ISE this may involve identifying the user/device on the ISE Content Visibility and if necessary, force the user/device to re-authenticate via ISE.
- Level 3 Ticket Resolution may require specialists to handle the most difficult problems and require escalation to other experts and 3rd party vendors. More detailed research and analysis is typically required. For ISE this may include using Secure Shell (SSH) to relate the access switch for further troubleshooting and open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
- Maintenance responsibilities include:
- Ensuring ISE is maintained to the latest patch levels.
- Upgrading ISE as needed
- Developing configuration procedures and guidelines.
- Documentation (e.g., provisioning, network addressing, circuit IDs and DLCIs, circuit speed, inventory, network diagrams, configuration checklists, change management
- Upgrading network device hardware and operating system code.
- Testing network devices before deployment.
- Assisting engineering staff with design and testing for new products and services.
- Installing network devices (new equipment and replacing failed devices and components).
- Coordinating with service providers and District office on‐site personnel to perform maintenance activities.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to pass a background investigation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience maintaining and troubleshooting all facets of a solution within one or more technology focus areas
- O&M experience with network environments and Cisco solutions
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to build good working relationships across all functions
- Have performed installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Coordinate effectively with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders
Other Position Requirements:
- Strong personal drive for delivering Industry leading solutions, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a proactive focus
- Desired experience in configuration, testing, deployment, and support for 10Gig, gigabit, and 10/100 Ethernet and L2/L3 switches, access servers, wireless, EIGRP, BGP and MPLS, DSL, and VPN wide area connections.
- Desired experience with logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Desired experience with network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec) is beneficial.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols, including TACAS/RADIUS/802.1x.
- Knowledge of IP communication and routing (Ethernet, OSPF, IGMP, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.11n, and 802.11ac).
- Cisco CCNA Security certification desired
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required and present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Serving federal agencies since 1991, Sirius Federal has a wealth of knowledge and resources to offer best practice solutions that achieve optimal outcomes and meet compliance guidelines. Together with our parent company Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc., we offer a comprehensive range of solutions backed by an expert team of engineers and the highest levels of partnership with leading manufacturers. From design to deployment, support, and maintenance, our technology solutions and services are designed with a constant focus on supporting our customers’ missions. We prioritize your success – and we do not succeed unless you do.
Sirius Federal is a Cisco Gold Partner, Dell Technologies Platinum Level, F5 Platinum Partner, IBM Platinum Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner, Nutanix Master Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner, Splunk Elite Partner, Tenable Platinum Partner, VMware Premier Partner, and Pure Storage Elite Partner.
Sirius Federal is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.