The primary responsibility of this position is to provide IBM System z presales, with a primary focus on software.
A software – focused analyst will provide software stack analyses and registration processing for System z sellers. A software – focused analyst will review and provide configurations for all mainframe software orders placed, and will also review, order, and track software orders and inventory requests.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides ESW, Value Unit Pricer, and Workload Pricer configurations for all Mainframe software orders placed
- Performs presales IBM software assistance, including Software Analyses, and pricing for IPLA opportunities
- Interfaces with IBM on solving IBM software configuration issues, IBM process issues, questions/problems dealing with IBM
- Provides software configurations; assists in software pricing issues (i.e. converting customers to variable workload license charging, changing MSU levels, etc.).
- Assists Client Executives with Mainframe software concerns, and customer issues related to these items
- Interfaces with IBM on resolving customer billing issues
- Interfaces with IBM on scheduling of software orders
- Tracks software orders and inventory requests submitted to IBM
- Provides order part numbers, list price and cost to sales and CSS for Profit Worksheet Review
- Provides guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications: Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least three (3) years Information Technology presales or sales support experience, including experience working with IBM mainframe hardware and/or software solutions
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret IBM eConfig tool output (.txt or .rtf files)
- Demonstrated knowledge of mainframe components, tools, resources and related software
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide day-to-day guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Current IBM System z sales certification
- Demonstrated experience in System z presales and sales support.
- General knowledge of IBM System z MLC and IPLA products (e.g., z/OS, z/VSE, zVM, CICS, DB2, etc.) and pricing structures (AWLC and AEWLC, subcapacity pricing, sysplex aggregation, ALC, S&S, etc.)
- General knowledge of IBM System z maintenance and Remotely Delivered Services pricing and program
- Demonstrated experience with creating and modifying hardware configurations using the IBM eConfig tool
Data Privacy and Security:
- All employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.