The Managing Consultant plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects and associated personnel, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure that client service delivery is effectively managed on all dimensions: budget, timeline, quality, deliverables/outcomes, teaming/collaboration and updates/communication with a high degree of client satisfaction. Teams with other consulting and sales colleagues to develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with clients with the specific objective of achieving further penetration into accounts and attaining meaningful follow-on sales.
This role manages mobile application development delivery and design including: solution architecture and estimation, strategy development and execution, build, testing, planning and deployment of solutions. The MW Managing Consultant will be accountable for all aspects of development and delivery including (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners). This person will coordinate between a variety of vendors and technical experts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides and leads appropriate middleware solution designs to support implementation projects.
- Has the ability to conduct MW advisory services with C-Level and IT VP and Manager level customers.
- Is experienced with defining and conducting MW strategic solution Work Shops to assist customers in defining best-practice MW solution architectures and detailed integration designs.
- Experienced in designing and implementing advanced API solution across a number of integration toolsets;
- IBM MW integration products (MQ, IIB, ACE, CP4i, Data Power, etc.)
- MuleSoft integration solutions
- Google Apigee integrations
- Dell Boomi integrations
- Experienced with developing integration solution across Amazon AWS and/or MS Azure platforms.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with development initiatives
- Displays senior technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Exercises delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex technical elements of technical operations
- Advocates and implements security and performance standards
- Identifies trending gaps or issues in day-to-day performance of web applications and components, including by active monitoring, alert management, reporting, and process reviews
- Maintains issue tracking and documentation systems and provides reporting that ensures proper tracking and visibility of issues and projects
- Identifies technical and process improvement opportunities and socializes/advocates to get them implemented
- Works closely with development and QA teams in release planning, preparation, validation, post-release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring
- Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Regularly serves in the MW lead architect consultant role on a project team to provide guidance to other team members. Serve as the executive MW program manager with responsibility for managing client expectations for specific Digital and/or Data projects, while seeking and fostering additional opportunities with clients. As part of this role, is responsible for managing the quality assurance process to deliver quality on-time deliverables.
- Reviews business and technical requirements from multiple user areas to ensure compatibility, identify gaps & inconsistencies and eliminate conflicting requirements
- Understands the business factors and motivators driving technology decisions with clients
- Participates in determining business requirements, technical requirements, and solution architecture for clients
- Responsible for final recommendations for technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Prepares and completes technical design inspection of other team member’s work efforts
- Gathers feedback and input from team members and works with senior project staff to optimize client relationship and improve quality
- Consistently achieves outstanding Client Satisfaction results on all consulting engagements
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Builds client-focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
Practice Development: Supports activities that drive practice growth and profitability
- Directly interacts with clients, sales personnel and Sirius Presales Architects to identify, qualify, and validate client requirements for technology solutions. Pursuit activities include meeting with C-Suite personnel, creating and delivering presentations to drive Digital and/or Data solutions
- Creates solution prototypes and POCs which illustrate business value and garner client buy-in
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- Creates proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work (SOWs), solution work estimates, and total solution pricing for profitable post-sales delivery integration, implementation and delivery. Provides significant and demonstrated services solution sales to meet practice goals
- Develops Cost/Benefit Analysis and rationale for large complex projects or programs with input from others on the account team
- Provides technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of technical specialty
- Conducts research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of client delivery efforts
- Cataloguing existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans), and evangelizing the use of practice IP by delivery teams
- Contributes and develops best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates. Occasionally presents externally as a thought leader at a regional level.
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Directly supervises project staff with responsibility for ensuring engagement success and appropriate use of practice tools, methodology, deliverable preparation, and client presentation
- Leads code or other technical reviews and presents constructive feedback to technical team
- Mentors less senior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- Steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete weekly time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least eight (8) years related IT work experience, to include experience focused on middleware (MW) integration work using IBM solutions
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with three (3) or more of the following IBM MW Products:
- IBM IIB
- IBM DataPower
- IBM App Connect Enterprise (ACE)
- IBM MQ
- IBM CP4i
- Demonstrated experience with two (2) or more of the following MW Products:
- MuleSoft integration solutions
- Google Apigee integration solutions
- Dell Boomi integration solutions
- Experience in Middleware architecture design for multiple customers
- Experience performing MW project implementations,
- Experience with MW IBM upgrade projects
- Cloud platform experience w/MW implementations (AWS, Google, MS).
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s requirements and present appropriate architectural options
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation
- Demonstrated ability to architect large projects from pre-sales Discovery to Solution Outline
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Consulting experience, especially in an agency or global systems integrator environment
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.