CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our clients and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, service delivery and proactive consulting.
The Consulting Engineer will be supporting the CDW Managed Application Services practice. The Consulting Engineer will primarily focus on supporting the Microsoft 365 (M365) / Office M365 (O365) FastTrack program. In addition, the Consulting Engineer will be delivering services on Microsoft 365 (M365) / Office M365 (O365) managed services client engagements and assisting with technical pre-sales activities.
For the Microsoft M365 FastTrack program, the Consulting Engineer will become familiar with the Fasttrack program. After the initial program enablement, the Consulting Engineer will have meetings with FastTrack program clients and provide guidance through the Microsoft FastTrack program. The Consulting Engineer will be the technical subject matter expert in advising clients on how to best adopt Microsoft 365 / Office 365 workloads and how to proceed with migrations and deployments.
For the delivery role, the Consulting Engineer participates in reviewing client environments, providing advisory recommendations and supporting incident and service request resolution.
For the pre-sales role, the Consulting Engineer provides technical proposal assistance. This includes performing discovery of the client M365 environment and scoping the services in terms of client requirements.
This position calls for a broad range of M365 skills, emphasizing expertise for a few of the M365 workloads and great communication skills. This role calls for a technical, detail oriented, organized, and motivated individual who can multitask and work efficiently within a Global team and external clients. This is a client facing role.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Become familiar and an expert with the FastTrack program technical roadmaps, etc.
- Lead the technical client facing FastTrack program sessions
- Lead the technical aspects for the FastTrack program, in coordination with the program manager
- Manage time and expense to meet the expectations defined for the FastTrack program and client engagements
- Provide technical support and proactive advisory guidance on client engagements
- Ensure M365 workloads are configured as designed to the client satisfaction and approval
- Assist with new client technical onboarding. This includes reviewing and documenting client environments, policies and related processes as they pertain to the scope of services and the client environment.
- Manage M365 compliance requirements (for example: CIS reviews and recommendations, Threat Management, DLP, eDiscovery & Hold).
- Create and maintain RunBooks (for example: daily operations guides, troubleshooting instructions and knowledge articles)
- Assist with the technical discovery and write up of new proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Five years’ experience delivering technical Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 solutions including planning, development, implementation and on-going support
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years consulting experience
- Expert level knowledge of at least two Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 products: Exchange Online (EOL), SharePoint Online (SPO), Azure Active Directory (AAD), Teams, OneDrive for Business (OD4B), Defender workloads, Endpoint Manager / Intune, Viva workloads, Purview workloads, Microsoft 365 Apps, Yammer.
- Experience and knowledge of all current Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 workloads
- Experience and knowledge of security, compliance, data protection and governance
- Experience and knowledge of Hybrid configurations: Exchange OnPrem (EOP), ADConnect, DirSync, ADFS, AD, SSO, etc.
- Experience with 3rd party application integrations with Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 / Hybrid.
- Experience using Microsoft products for Modern Workplace types of activities (team and task coordination, collaboration, messaging, communication, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience working in a hybrid messaging and collaboration configuration environment
- Experience and knowledge of On Premise (Exchange, Active Directory) migrations to the cloud
- Experience and knowledge of delivering Exchange OnPremise and Active Directory solutions including planning, development, implementation and on-going support
- Experience working in a managed services / support environment
- Experience working in a multi-client, Service Level Agreement based environment
- Experience working with ServiceNow / using standard ITSM tools to document support activities
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs. The primary shift will be US business hours based, but there are occasional needs to support weekends/off-hours.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, partners and peers
- Microsoft 365 related certifications
- ITIL certification