Oversee U.S. and Canadian payroll and tax processes; educate and motivate Payroll Practitioners to become more knowledgeable in best practices, and to improve current procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy while complying with Government (Federal, State, Providence, Department of Labor, etc.), G.A.A.P. and CDW guidelines.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Communicate and foster streamlined processes with other departments within CDW, to ensure efficiency, accuracy and best practices are designed, built, and challenged.
- Review and approve all data entered by the Canada Payroll Department, as well as payroll calculations for reasonableness prior to the payroll being finalized.
- Review and test changes that impact the payroll systems, including company and system compliance with coworker and employer tax changes.
- Oversee day-to-day multi-state & provincial payroll tax processes for 9 companies
- Lead, coach and foster cross-training of payroll and payroll tax analysts within the department. Includes documenting process and procedure changes.
- Identify coworker impact before policy, program or procedural change is made.
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting to ensure accurate filings by ADP as well as U.S. & Canadian payroll reports and other required reporting.
- Ensure company and system compliance with coworker and employer tax changes. This includes quarterly tax updates which entails, testing, researching, and resolving any updates within the system during implementation.
- Lead year-end W2 & T4 preparation and processing. Includes processing balance adjustments and amendments.
- Audit, research, resolve, and monitor coworker tax information to ensure coworker and employer compliance.
- Reconcile tax accounts to general ledger and tax provider each payroll, monthly and quarterly.
- Manage all Federal, state, local and provincial inquiries, reporting requests, and notices.
- Test employer/coworker changes made to payroll systems to ensure compliance and update tax rates.
- Review tax update release notes and assist IT with the system implementation process.
- Perform reconciliation procedures for all processes and develop training manuals for various payroll tax balancing, tax deposits and other related processes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with in-house and out-sourced payroll systems.
- Experience with 2,000+ employee, U.S. multi-state & Canadian provincial employers.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years payroll experience.
- PeopleSoft & Workday experience a plus
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Must be able to delegate, multi-task, work well independently, yet, desire to be part of a team.
- Certified Payroll Professional from the American Payroll Association
- Proficient Excel user.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.