The Red Hat Solutions Manager builds, leads and mentors a world-class technical presales and solutions development team focusing on Red Hat technologies and services. The Digital Velocity team within CDW is responsible for selling and delivering Digital Transformation services to help customers meet business velocity objectives. Including but not limited to Cloud Native solutions, DevOps patterns and practices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Containers and Microservices, Security, Management, Governance, Observability, AIOps and software development.
The Red Hat Solutions Manager is responsible for the strategy, go to market and presales which help our customers understand how to approach and adopt Red Hat Technologies. We do this by providing customers with the technology advice and solutions they need, when they need them, wherever they are in their DevOps journey. We bring the best-in-class technologies together with world class presales and consulting expertise to support our customers’ journey.
The Red Hat Solutions Manager is responsible for the development, growth, and operations of this practice. Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of the DevOps and Cloud Native space including how people, process, and technology all play an important role in the DevOps lifecycle. The Red Hat Solutions Manager is responsible for overseeing the success of Red Hat technologies and presales experts, growing their careers at CDW and mentoring them so that they are able to continue to bring world class expertise to our customers to solve these complex business problems. This role is also responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with our Red Hat partners across all sales verticals.
Key areas of responsibility
- Acquires deep technical depth in their role; Is the "Go To" person for the solution, both technically and strategically; is on the forefront of their solution(s) and the implications for CDW offerings.
- Partner with our Service Engineering team on preparing our consultants to deliver offerings that are on the services offering roadmap.
- Participates in process improvement activities:
- Ideation of new service engagements to meet market gaps
- Build process delivery documentation, training and/or code frameworks to improve speed and quality of delivery.
- Evangelizes new technologies, processes or patterns and practices internally and externally with customers in the form of webinars or speaking engagements.
- Promotes a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration with team members through mentorship or building knowledge bases.
- Deliver required sales revenue, gross profit and growth metrics in the respective technology and practice areas.
- Execute and contribute to the improvement of standard operating procedures in the management of the solutions business
- Mentor your team in the creation and maintenance of a sales and marketing plan for your solution area
- Develop solutions plans and develop professional services offering roadmap based on customer demands and market trends.
- Develop processes for effective sales engagement that leverages technical presales resources in the most effective manner, targeted towards appropriate opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with sales and solutions teams to leverage product to sell services and services to sell product.
- Support the account management and technology teams in sales of the relevant products and solutions.
- Gather market data and intelligence to assist in developing the solutions roadmap. Provide an ongoing voice of the customer to our services catalog.
- Assist in the development of bundled solutions that leverage our managed services, data center, configuration center, services, software and hardware capabilities.
- Develop and maintain technical and sales readiness plans. Ensure best practices, methodologies and processes are incorporated in the service delivery of all solutions.
- Assist with identifying and managing partner relationships to provide services nationally
- Work with Marketing, Partner and Product Management, and DV leadership to develop campaigns and programs. Roll programs and campaigns to sales and Specialists for execution. Monitor campaign execution.
- Develop and leverage relationships with the product teams in each of the associated technology and practice areas. Extend these relationships to the technical teams.
- Manage the third-party solution partner ecosystem. Evaluate partners to determine if they should be incorporated into the solutions roadmap.
- Elevate the sales and technical expertise level of your team.
- As a member of the management team, contribute to the strategy and overall management of the DV business.
- Plan appropriate training and professional development for each team member.
- Create and review performance plans with individual team members using measurable criteria and input from relevant sources including peers, clients and vendors
- The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, related field or equivalent
- Five-years sales and/or product management experience
- Experience managing business partnerships
- Experience managing a team of technical presales professionals
- Strong listening, negotiation, and closing skills
- Must be able to travel
- Ability to lead and develop team members across multiple geographies
- Experience developing and managing business partnerships
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong listening, negotiation, and closing skills
- Strong information monitoring and analysis as well as comprehension of business metrics
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and drive for results
- Demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry and technology
- Demonstrated performance and talent management
- Strong customer focus orientation
- Ability to communicate and facilitate change
- Previous management experience to include managing medium to large teams
- Prior understanding of open-source technology value prop