The Senior (Sr.) Software Solution Advisor (SSA) role focuses on pre-sales solution design. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and business drivers and defines actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe.
The Senior SSA is a field-based technical pre-sales role. They are expected to spend the majority of their time engaged with CDW customers, sellers & partners in their assigned local markets. The Senior SSA develops and maintains strategic relationships with sales & leadership of the teams they support and is seen as a trusted advisor to grow business. The Senior SSA is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple families of solutions. The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
Main areas of responsibility will be advanced level of experience and understanding of:
- IT Operational Analytics
- BI/Data Visualization
- Modern Data Platforms
- Data Governance
The Senior Software SSA will have deep knowledge of Modern Data and will focus software pre-sales and design of BI & Analytics technologies such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Splunk, Tableau, Informatica, Alteryx, Cloudera, Altair, Snowflake, Yellowbrick, Erwin, Looker.
The Senior Software Solution Advisor (SSA) role focuses on pre-sales solution design for CDW’s current and emerging portfolio of modern technologies. This role will have a specific focus on assisting our customers and sellers in qualifying and identifying opportunities with the modern data solutions stack including initiatives around big data, data science, data engineering, data architecture, data management and governance as well as related tools and both internal and external consulting and service delivery partners. This role is seen as a trusted advisor to grow business. As a Senior Software Solution Advisor, you will understand our client's data environment and high level infrastructure. You will own the process of developing scopes of work and contribute to the sale of adjacent service opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Educates Account Managers by conducting short training classes on Data OR DevOps products - Explains features, benefits, and technical specifications of Data OR DevOps products and solutions
- Designs solutions for primary technology products and services
- Contributes to the team’s knowledge base and readily shares knowledge with other Solution Architects, Advisors and Account Managers
- Attends mandatory trainings
- Attain mid tier level partner certifications
- Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services.
- Determines and defines services that complement and/or round out proposed hardware and software engagements, estimates required engineer effort.
- Assists customers in understanding their equipment maintenance contracts, upgrade needs, and renewals; analyzes the most cost-effective approach for the customer (e.g., renew the contract or purchase new equipment and contract.)
- Articulates to customers the Practice’s value proposition; articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate additional revenue opportunities for CDW.
- Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at CDW, Customer, and Partner events and meetings in your territory.
- Collaborates with Partners, other Solution Advisors or Architects and Account Executives to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results.
- Operates in a regular cadence with multiple partners to educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration with multiple stakeholders ; understands partner alignment in geography and leads customer opportunity mapping exercises; coordinates on-site partner visits.
- Follows up and responds to questions regarding performance of assigned coverage, and escalation needs
- Creates quotes for high priority RFPs and/or assists with RFP content
- Responsible for sales forecasting
- Reviews quotes and orders for accuracy
- Prioritizes time spent on opportunities based on potential return on investment.
- Assists with services opportunities discovery, qualification and contribution
- Produces Bills of Materials, including product maintenance; contributes to Statements of Work (including work estimates), RFPs, RFIs, and proposal content.
- Maintains pre-sales pipeline data, develops plans, and takes actions to move opportunities to closure.
- Discusses solutions at a conceptual level with customers and potential customers - Explains the solutions features and benefits
- Explores additional sales opportunities through new service opportunities, maintenance contracts and renewals
- Advises Account Managers on pricing
- The Senior (Sr.) Software Solution Advisor (SA) is also a solution driver who has a passion for demonstrating continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services, particularly in the Digital Velocity space. If pertinent, achieves certifications in advanced technologies for CDW's Partner Certification Requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Partners and Account Managers to map accounts to opportunities and achieve sales goals
- Develops and maintains a basic Territory Plan; adjusts quarterly for past performance and future expectations
- Responds to requests from customers and Account Managers to respond to customers’ needs
- Participates in CDW events on business-focused technology solution presentations for customers and prospects delivered via web-based tools (e.g., WebEx, Zoom, MS Teams) and in person
- Is focused in the solutions tools and services space with a specific focus on identifying and qualifying sales and services opportunities into the appropriate sales pursuits, by using team building techniques (internal & external to CDW) standard approaches, considering the customer’s infrastructure limitations, investments and opportunities; analyzes, interprets, and presents assessment results
Education and/or Skill-Set Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-year minimum experience in advanced technical sales, sales engineering, data engineering, computer Science/Engineering or data science
- 3-year minimum sales experience
- Proficient in Microsoft & Google Workspace applications
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Proven project management skills
- Proven success and experience selling complex technologies, solutions and services to small business, enterprise, public sector or global customers
- Technical Accreditations and/or Certifications: - Active accreditation from leading technology partners as required.