The Customer Success Manager’s (CSM) primary responsibility is to be the key advocate and partner to our Customers to ensure they achieve their strategic business outcomes and maximum value from their investment with CDW Managed Services. The CSM will drive customer satisfaction, adoption, retention, renewals and expansion through effective relationship management and the delivery of exceptional customer services. This role is the main point of contact for a dedicated portfolio of mid-tiered, moderately complex Managed Services customers, building strong and trusted relationships to understand their needs and proactively address any issues and concerns. The CSM is not only knowledgeable in their customer’s business model, goals, projects, timelines, and more but is simultaneously knowledgeable in CDW’s technology solutions providing them the ability to guide and assist our Customer’s with all of their needs. Additionally, the CSM will act as a liaison between the customer and CDW teams, streamlining partnerships, reducing complexity, and simplifying processes with product development, engineering, professional services, governance, sales/presales, and others.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned mid-tiered customer
- Act as the main point of contact for multiple assigned customers, understanding their business objectives, challenges, requirements, and strategic outlooks
- Develop and execute customer success plans on established goals to aid the customer in achieving their business outcomes
- Orchestrate and manage the overall relationship with a dedicated portfolio of mid-tiered customers, which will include, but is not limited to, driving adoption, ensuring retention, expansion of services and renewal
- Stay updated on industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to provide strategic guidance to customers.
- Drive customer adoption and utilization of managed services to ensure maximum value and ROI.
- Analyze customer data to improve the customer experience
- Engage with customer executives and other influential stakeholders to identify, define, track, and measure the overall impact of aligned solutions to an organization
- Proactively address customer concerns and act as an advocate for their needs within the organization.
- Gather and analyze customer feedback to identify trends, insights, and areas of improvement
- Share customer insights with internal teams to drive product enhancements and service optimizations
- Measure and monitor achievement of critical and key performance indicators, reporting both internally to the CDW’s stakeholders and teams and externally to customer’s sponsors and executives
- Establish regular cadence (weekly/monthly/quarterly) with each assigned customer to review progress, success, and concerns
- Respond to customer inquiries, concerns, and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Act as CDW’s liaison for technical inquiries, issues, or escalations; including working with support, product development, service delivery and other teams as needed to create solution roadmaps
- Escalate critical customer issues internally and work towards their prompt resolution.
- Coordinate with relevant teams to investigate and resolve technical and operational challenges.
- Communicate issue status and resolution to customers in a clear and concise manner
- Meet or exceed expansion goals by Identifying and pursuing opportunities for expansion through upselling and cross-selling additional services based on customer needs and objectives partnering with CDW’s sales teams
- Collaborate with customers to understand their evolving needs to align our Managed Services offerings accordingly
- Meet or exceed renewal goals by identifying and driving customer renewals for assigned customer that results in long term contract renewals, maximizing revenue by strategically positioning additional relevant solutions
- Identify areas for service improvement and work with the appropriate teams to implement necessary changes
- Participate in internal initiatives
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business, Sales, Communication or Marketing or a related field or equivalent experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in IT relationship management, project management or account management of multiple customers with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of growing customer satisfaction, adoption, expansion, retention and renewals within cross brand enterprise accounts.
- Exceptional verbal, written, social, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate. with a diverse customer audience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to be a strong teammate, while working independently as a self-starter
- Demonstrates a high degree of organization with solid attention to detail with a penchant for accuracy
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence and engage senior-level stakeholders.
- Proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationship with all Customer contacts and internal teams
- Ability to effectively communicate with Customers and Coworkers at all levels of the organizations from entry to executive level
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve with Customers and all internal teams including cross-functional teams
- Ability to continually learn new technologies and to understand and adapt to market and industry changes
- Posses exceptional problem-solving and quick conflict resolution abilities
- Demonstrated nature of being proactive and self-motivated with a results-oriented mindset
- Strong understanding of financial acumen with the experience of applying that knowledge in real world business scenarios
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Strong understanding of Managed Services or IT
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- PMP and/or Project Management experiences
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Gainsight experience
- ServiceNow experience
Salary range: $79,047 - $101,142, depending on experience and skill set
Annual bonus target of 5% subject to terms and conditions of plan
Benefits overview: https://cdw.benefit-info.com/
Salary ranges may be subject to geographic differentials