A culture of diverse perspectives. Coworkers who collaborate to go above and beyond. Motivated individuals who lead by example. This is what CDW is about. Our legacy of innovative thinking and vision for customer-centric technology position us for continued success in our industry—and for you in your career.
We are seeking an Accounting Director to join our team at CDW and be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking Finance organization that values innovation and continuous growth. The Director will focus on continuing to drive efficiency across the financial closing process through simplification, standardization, and automation. Additionally, this leadership role will be instrumental in collaborating with key business partners, developing talent within controllership, and expanding our capabilities to meet the needs of the future.
What you will do:
Provide leadership, direction and management to the team, and execution of the financial close processes.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for executing the monthly financial close and reporting processes, specifically focused on revenue recognition and gross margin for our product and services businesses.
- Analyze significant and/or complex revenue contracts to determine the appropriate accounting treatment and execution of the operational accounting processes to appropriately record the contracts.
- Bring thought leadership into ways of advancing the financial closing processes, that is data driven and delivers insights into the financial results with strong collaboration within finance and across the organization.
- Drive a growth mindset with a focus on continuous improvement, innovative solutions, and automation.
- Coaching and guiding the team around skills and knowledge for success and career advancement.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to enable a strong business partner collaboration.
- Analyze the financial results and provide value-added insights into the financial performance of the business.
- Maintain efficient and effective business processes and internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Engage on strategic initiatives and projects across the organization.
- Support M&A activities, including financial due diligence, integration planning, and post-merger analysis.
- Monitor industry trends and market dynamics to identify opportunities and potential risks.
What we expect of you:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Finance/Accounting related positions.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive management experience.
- Advanced experience in revenue recognition guidance and application to complex fact patterns.
- Exceptional proficiency in financial close and proficiency in using financial software and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to effectively interact with key stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to think critically, solve problems, and drive change.
- Leadership experience with a track record of successfully managing and developing high-performing teams.
What you can expect from us:
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages along with a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who we are:
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an ever-changing world by providing them the technology advice and solutions they need—when, where, and how they need them. We make technology work so that people can do great things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.