The primary purpose of this role is to deliver Data consulting solutions to our clients. The Analyst's responsibility involves developing and refining reports and analysis tailored to our clients' specific requirements. Their core focus lies in collaborating closely with our clients to grasp their needs and provide optimal solutions. This role will leverage established scripts, templates, and procedures to assist in client deliverables, including design, systems integration, and testing.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable engaging with management at all levels to gain a deep understanding of our strategy and services. They will offer clients technical solutions, engage in discussions about their technical requirements, and actively participate in implementing technical solutions while adhering to industry best standards and practices.
This role works in a quality, professional manner to complete project responsibilities on time and on budget, resulting in high client satisfaction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of billable consulting activities in support of clients’ objectives, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Software Development
- Application Administration and Configuration
- Application Integration
- Marketing technology consulting
- Data Engineering
- Database Administration
- Application Testing
- Report development & Visualization
- Business analysis and requirements gathering
- Data Analytics
- Escalates technical questions and issues to more senior personnel as needed; asks for needed guidance to perform job responsibilities
- Achieves high levels of Client Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations set by technical leads and project managers
- Documents completed technical work for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) obligations prior to services delivery
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Administrative Overhead – Responds to email, phone calls, completes timecards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- At least six (6) months of related work experience dealing with Data solutions.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot application systems and configurations in the designated practice using procedures, scripts, and templates
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical and consulting skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Relevant certifications in area of technical specialty
- Data relevant tools and technology experience i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, SQL, Python, Azure, AWS, Snowflake, etc.
Data Privacy and Security
All CDW-Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
This position is an entry level engineering position involving the application of computer and engineering concepts to Information Technology solutions from a related Bachelor’s degree program
CDW - Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
- Action Oriented - Readily takes on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues
- Collaborates - Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Instills Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.
Initiative – Has the tenacity to set and accomplish challenging goals, while persisting in the face of significant obstacles. This trait is characterized by: working hard; taking satisfaction and pride in producing high-quality work; and being competitive.
- Consultative – This is characterized by: showing alternative solutions based on customer needs; directing conversations toward a commitment/order; showing confidence even after a hard refusal/ rejection; and striving to close a project every time. This is demonstrated by answering questions on a multifaceted measure relating to background, experience, and opinions.
- Autonomy - Willingness to take action and to make decisions independently. This trait is revealed in: working effectively without immediate supervision; not being overly dependent on help from others; and being resourceful in the face of challenges.