The Senior Inside Solution Architect – Configuration and Integration Services focuses on supporting Account Managers with the sale of services related to Configuration Center solutions. The Senior Inside Solutions Architect – Configuration and Integration Services builds relationships and educates both Account Mangers and our customers on technologies, resources, and pricing available to them. This role develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales Management of the teams they support and is seen as a trust advisor to grow business. In addition, as a senior role, this individual is expected to be a lead on larger strategic projects, maintain a deeper technical knowledge of Configuration Services, drive continuous improvement of the Pre-Sales process, and act as a resource and/or mentor for other Pre-Sales coworkers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Provide Pre-Sales support of CDW’s Security portfolio primarily focused on more advanced Integration Services
• Understand client's current solution; compare and contrast this infrastructure to the CDW solution portfolio
• Provide internal sales assistance, develop configuration plans; provide clear and timely communication of these plans to both sales and other staff.
• Make virtual, telephone, and in-person calls and presentations to clients and potential clients.
• Create and deliver polished proposals and client deliverables.
• Coordinate hardware and software quotations with supported Sales Teams.
• Provide timely and accurate work estimates and documentation for clients.
• Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations,
competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
• Be knowledgeable about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training.
• Work with other CDW departments on the execution of specialist related orders and sales incentives
• Provide feedback to Product & Partner Management groups concerning trends and opportunities
• Work with Public Relations, Sales, and Marketing as a subject matter expert in Configuration Services Solutions
• Create quotes for high priority RFP’s/RFI’s/RFQ’s and/or assist with that type of content
• Assist with the development and maintenance of Configuration and Integration Services marketing material, Inside Solutions Architect training materials, and other Pre-Sales documentation needs
• Act as a mentor to coach and train other Pre-Sales coworkers on Pre-Sales best practices
• Track sales leads, manage Pre-Sales pipeline from lead to closure, for assigned territory, segment, or book of business
• Maintains pre-sales pipeline data, develops plans, and takes actions to move opportunities to closure.
• 35% Sales activities via conference calls, email, video conferences, in-person meetings, meeting minutes or recaps, and case management, including Salesforce case management.
• 20% Technical Knowledge – technology and personal development
• 30% Operational and miscellaneous tasks (REQ/SOW writing, maintenance, quoting, etc.)
• Up to 35% travel required
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• 4+years of Pre-Sales design experience
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Understanding of Configuration Services pricing models and overall strategy
• Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
• Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
• Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
• Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
• Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong passion for learning and teaching others
• Proven group presentations skills
• Motivated and self-starting
• Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
• Strong problem solving skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
• Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
• Understanding of Federal contracting
• Experience/knowledge with DoD STIG policy/process.
• Experience/knowledge with DoD DIACAP policy/process.
• Experience/knowledge with certification & accreditation process as described in FISMA.
• Experience with DoD requirements and standards, inclusive of FIPS 140-2, NIST, etc.
• CISSP, CCIE/CCNA with a specialization.
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
• Experience in the Federal sales motion.
• Experience with the CDW Configuration and Integration Services Portfolio
• Experience with the O365 platform, Salesforce, and AS400