Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We are also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
We are seeking a highly skilled Payroll Tax Supervisor. As a Payroll Tax Supervisor you will be accountable for U.S. and Canadian payroll and tax processes including educating and motivating Payroll Practitioners to become more knowledgeable in best practices, and to improve current procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy while complying with Government (Federal, State, Providence, Department of Labor, etc.), G.A.A.P. and CDW guidelines. You will engage across the company with various stakeholders leveraging the strong relationships you have built to meet the needs of the business.
What you will do:
- Oversee day-to-day multi-state & provincial payroll tax processes for 9 companies.
- Communicate and foster streamlined processes with other departments within CDW, to ensure efficiency, accuracy and best practices are designed, built, and challenged.
- Review and approve all data entered by the Canada Payroll Department, as well as payroll calculations for reasonableness prior to the payroll being finalized.
- Review and test changes that impact the payroll systems, including company and system compliance with coworker and employer tax changes.
- Lead, coach and foster cross-training of payroll and payroll tax analysts within the department. Includes documenting process and procedure changes.
- Identify coworker impact before policy, program or procedural change is made.
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting to ensure accurate filings by ADP as well as U.S. & Canadian payroll reports and other required reporting.
- Ensure company and system compliance with coworker and employer tax changes. This includes quarterly tax updates which entails, testing, researching, and resolving any updates within the system during implementation.
- Lead year-end W2 & T4 preparation and processing. Includes processing balance adjustments and amendments.
- Audit, research, resolve, and monitor coworker tax information to ensure coworker and employer compliance.
- Reconcile tax accounts to general ledger and tax provider each payroll, monthly and quarterly.
- Manage all Federal, state, local and provincial inquiries, reporting requests, and notices.
- Test employer/coworker changes made to payroll systems to ensure compliance and update tax rates.
- Review tax update release notes and assist IT with the system implementation process.
- Perform reconciliation procedures for all processes and develop training manuals for various payroll tax balancing, tax deposits and other related processes.
What we expect of you:
Hands-on experience with in-house and out-sourced payroll systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of relevant payroll tax experience (U.S. multi-state & Canadian provincial employers) OR 7 years of relevant payroll tax experience (U.S. multi-state & Canadian provincial employers)
- Proven experience in a payroll tax role, preferably with Fortune 200 organization.
- PeopleSoft & Workday experience a plus.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a track record of successfully leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to delegate, multi-task, work well independently, yet have the desire to be part of a team.
- Certified Payroll Professional from the American Payroll Association preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages along with a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who we are:
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an ever-changing world by providing them the technology advice and solutions they need—when, where, and how they need them. We make technology work so that people can do great things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.