CDW delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. CDW – Integrated Security delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. CDW has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything needed to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, CDW is the next generation of risk management.
The National Security Services Solution Architect (S3A) is a field-based technical pre-sales role, focused on developing appropriate assessment and supporting service solutions for CDW customers – to include security assessments, security framework reviews, privacy and security compliance consulting, CISO services, or incident response services. This role is responsible for working with customers, delivery, and internal sales teams to offer consultative guidance, plan sales strategy, scope service offerings, and author statements of work (SOWs). The incumbent analyzes technical and competitive considerations and defines actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe to meet customer expectations. The Senior S3A develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales & Delivery management of the teams they support and is seen as a trusted advisor to grow business. The Senior S3A is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple families of solutions. The Senior S3A is responsible for driving a variety of outreach initiatives, technical enablement projects, coaching, and/or mentoring of other S3As. Additionally, the S3A works with sales, partners, and customers, to uncover strategic and emerging business opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Acquires deep technical depth in their role; Is the "Go To" person for the solution, both technically and strategically.
- Performs role in executing the "Go-to-Market" for new offerings.
- Designs technical solutions in consideration of the customer’s infrastructure, business limitations, and opportunities.
- Reviews peer’s designs for quality and accuracy.
- Determines and defines services that complement proposed service engagements, estimates required engineer effort.
- Operates beyond a ‘self’ focus for the benefit of the team and practice to better CDW’s technology leadership, execution, and overall relevance to our customers.
- Communicates and trains the team on changes in technologies, procedures, and emerging trends.
- Promotes a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration by encouraging and contributing regularly.
- Advises team members and sales prior to customer calls and/or sales strategy sessions.
- Assists customers in understanding the variables, approaches, and benefits to various service engagements to address underlying security concerns and present the most cost-effective approach for the customer (e.g. penetration test or assessment involving NIST CSF review with technical testing)
- Looks beyond the current infrastructure/problem toward a three-to-five-year roadmap.
- Guides (compares and contrast) customers in their decision making within all tiers of CDW information security services (e.g., comprehensive security assessment vs. timebox approach).
- Delivers presentations and conducts technical sales conversations with confidence and credibility to C-level clients, both in small, and large group formats.
- Develops and contributes presentation content for the team.
- Develops assessment improvements, demos, and tools for S3A team.
- Maintains a regular cadence with partner resources to educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (ISA, AE, Sales Manager, Field Sales); understands partner alignment in geography and leads customer opportunity mapping exercises; coordinates on-site partner visits.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Three-year minimum technical pre-sales, architecture, or post-sale delivery experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in information security principles.
- Advanced-level security certification preferred (i.e. CISSP, OSCP, CEH)
- Experienced in the main competencies of Identity Management (Access Management, Privileged Access Management, Identity Governance and Administration, and Consumer IAM)
- Must have the ability to present solutions in each of these areas independently
- Must have familiarity with at least one leading solution in every area
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proven success and experience selling technology solutions and/or services
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales and/or delivery teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage mode
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase influence
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, events, meetings, and client sites