A culture of diverse perspectives. Coworkers who collaborate to go above and beyond. Motivated individuals who lead by example. This is what CDW is about. Our legacy of innovative thinking and vision for customer-centric technology position us for continued success in our industry—and for you in your career.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Global Accounting Advisory to join our team at CDW and be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking Finance organization that values innovation and continuous growth. In this role, you will provide accounting and financial reporting advisory to minimize risk and ensure U.S. GAAP compliance, provide clarity to reduce complexity, and enhance understanding to foster sound decision-making. Additionally, this leadership role will be instrumental in collaborating with key business partners, developing talent within controllership, and expanding our capabilities to meet the needs of the future.
What you will do:
Provide leadership, direction and management to the team, and execution of the financial close processes.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for maintaining global accounting policies and providing accounting and reporting advisory support to the business on complex and/or judgmental transactions.
- Provide accounting and transaction advisory support to the organization by helping the business navigate complex transactions and events.
- Examples of keys areas of advisory are as follows:
- Collaboration with sales leaders when initiating new complex contracts by identifying revenue recognition and other accounting implications.
- Provides accounting support to transactions related to the Company’s capital structure.
- Provides technical accounting support for M&A transactions.
- Analyze and summarize accounting positions and related financial data for presentation to key stakeholders, including executive management.
- Monitor FASB and SEC recent developments and oversee the impact assessment, including global accounting policies.
- Lead the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting rules, including working with various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Drive a growth mindset with a focus on continuous improvement, innovative solutions, and automation.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to enable a strong business partner collaboration.
- Maintain efficient and effective business processes and internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Support M&A activities, including financial due diligence, integration planning, and post-merger analysis.
- Monitor industry trends and market dynamics to identify opportunities and potential risks.
- Coaching and guiding the team around skills and knowledge for success and career advancement.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with respect to accounting issues.
- Engage on strategic initiatives and projects across the organization, including system operational designs relative to accounting policies and conclusions.
What we expect of you:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, or a related field.
- CPA required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Finance/Accounting related positions or internal candidates with 6 years Finance/Accounting experience.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive management experience or internal candidate with 3 years of previous management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. GAAP, particularly revenue recognition, and SEC reporting requirements.
- Experience in research and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable standards.
- Ability to read complex documents, analyze, and summarize important facts.
- M&A experience preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred with service to mid or large public companies or roles in Controllership organizations at a Fortune 500 Company.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly with stakeholders at all levels and organizations.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to think critically, solve problems, and drive change.
- Leadership experience with a track record of successfully managing and developing high-performing teams.
What you can expect from us:
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages along with a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who we are:
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an ever-changing world by providing them the technology advice and solutions they need—when, where, and how they need them. We make technology work so that people can do great things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.