Senior National Security Solution Architect – Cloud Programs
The Senior National Security Solution Architect (SSA) is a field-based technical pre-sales role that focuses on developing comprehensive security solutions for CDW customers. This role involves providing consultative guidance, scoping service offerings, and fostering strategic relationships to drive business growth. In this role you will be working with customers, delivery, and internal sales teams to develop and maintain strategic relationships and be a trusted advisor to grow our Security services business.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advise clients on developing effective Cloud Security Programs
- Address complex customer problems spanning multiple cloud platforms and technologies in CDWs largest and most complicated customer environments.
- Collaborate with Delivery to develop appropriate assessment and service solutions for CDW customers, including security assessments, framework reviews, compliance consulting.
- Collaborate with customers, delivery teams, and internal sales to offer consultative guidance, plan sales strategy, and author statements of work (SOWs).
- Analyze technical and competitive considerations, defining actions to meet customer expectations in the sales cycle.
- Maintain strategic relationships with Sales & Delivery management, acting as a trusted advisor to drive business growth.
- Act as a subject matter expert in solutions that will facilitate CDW clients in building Cloud Security Programs.
- Drive outreach initiatives, technical enablement projects, coaching, and mentoring for other SSAs.
- Uncover strategic and emerging business opportunities in collaboration with sales, partners, and customers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years in technical pre-sales or post-sale delivery.
- Motivated, self-starting, and able to independently perform high quality work with minimal guidance.
- Proven track record in solving unique and complex problems in cloud environments and delivering high visibility solutions in large customer environments.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Industry knowledge and domain expertise: An SSA should possess domain expertise. They should understand industry-specific challenges, regulations, and best practices. This knowledge enables them to provide tailored recommendations and position the company's solutions effectively within the industry landscape.
· Cloud Expertise:
o In-depth knowledge of cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or others. Understanding the native capabilities and specific security features and services offered by these providers is crucial.
o Cybersecurity Knowledge: A solid foundation in cybersecurity principles and best practices, including threat modeling, risk assessment, and security controls, is essential.
o Networking and Infrastructure: Proficiency in networking and infrastructure technologies is vital, as cloud security often involves configuring network security groups, firewalls, and VPNs. Understanding cloud networking architectures is crucial.
o Encryption: Understanding encryption techniques, including data encryption at rest and in transit, key management, and secure data storage practices.
o Compliance and Regulatory Knowledge: Stay up-to-date with industry-specific compliance standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA) and regulations and ensure that cloud systems are compliant.
o Security Monitoring and Incident Response: Proficiency in setting up security monitoring tools, intrusion detection systems, and response procedures for cloud environments.
o Secure Coding: Knowledge of secure coding practices to ensure applications and software deployed in the cloud are free from vulnerabilities and adhere to best security practices.
o Risk Assessment and Management: The ability to identify and assess security risks associated with cloud systems and guide clients to develop strategies for risk mitigation.
o Security Automation: Understanding of security automation and scripting to create security policies, rules, and alerts in a programmatic manner.
o Cloud Security Tools: Familiarity with cloud security tools and services, such as AWS CloudTrail, Azure Security Center, and GCP Security Command Center.
o Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Knowledge of creating and testing disaster recovery and business continuity plans in cloud environments.
· Holding relevant certifications, such as Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or vendor-specific certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Azure Security Engineer Associate) is a plus.
· Team collaboration and leadership: Collaboration with cross-functional teams, including sales and delivery, is crucial in this role. A SSA should be able to work effectively in a team, lead technical discussions, and influence decision-making. They may occasionally be called upon to assist the delivery team.
- Customer-focused approach: An SSA must have a customer-centric mindset and be able to understand and articulate customer needs effectively. They should possess excellent communication and presentation skills to engage with customers, gather requirements, and explain technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. Building relationships, understanding customer pain points, and providing tailored solutions are key aspects of this role.
- Sales acumen: While not strictly a sales role, a pre-sales solution architect needs to have a strong business and sales acumen. They should understand the sales process, collaborate closely with sales teams, and contribute to sales strategies. The ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of solutions, understand pricing models, and create compelling proposals and statements of work (SOWs) is important.
- Proven project management skills: The successful applicant will need to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and coordinate resources. Being able to manage priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changing requirements is essential.
- Solution design and problem-solving skills: The candidate should have the ability to design comprehensive solutions that address customer requirements and business challenges. They should be skilled in analyzing complex problems, identifying appropriate solutions, and translating technical concepts into understandable terms for customers. Strong problem-solving skills are crucial for identifying and resolving technical issues or gaps in proposed solutions.
- Continuous learning and adaptability: Technology is constantly evolving, so a pre-sales solution architect should have a passion for learning and staying updated with industry trends, new technologies, and emerging solutions. Adaptability to changing customer needs and the ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts are important qualities for success in this role.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed.