The Solutions Architect is client facing, pre-sales technologist that works with designated accounts and acts as a value- added technical advocate for CDW clients. The Solution Architect will provide Salesforce Commerce sales enablement and go-to-market strategy playing a critical role in helping our clients harness the full potential of Salesforce Commerce. You will work closely with our sales and strategy teams to deliver expert guidance, demonstrating the value of our offerings and contributing to the growth of our Salesforce practice.
This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to, LOUs (Letters of Understanding), documents, HLDs (High Level Design), LOEs (Level of Efforts), Client Proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work). This role entails the following responsibilities; collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit to CDW. Lastly, the solution architect role requires the person builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners in the assigned regions they support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand client needs and tailor Salesforce Commerce solutions to meet those needs.
- Create compelling presentations, product demonstrations, and proof of concepts to showcase the capabilities and benefits of our solutions.
- Train and enable the sales team with the knowledge and tools they need to effectively sell Salesforce Commerce solutions.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for Salesforce Commerce and services.
- Analyze market trends, competition, and customer requirements to identify growth opportunities.
- Work with the marketing team to create marketing collateral, messaging, and campaigns that resonate with the target audience.
- Serve as the technical expert on Salesforce Commerce solutions, understanding the intricacies of the platform and its applications.
- Collaborate with clients to design Salesforce solutions that align with their business objectives.
- Translate complex technical concepts into easily understandable terms for non-technical stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their business challenges, and helping them achieve their objectives.
- Engage in pre-sales meetings, consultations, and workshops to demonstrate the capabilities and value of Salesforce solutions.
- Develops High Level Designs and Architectures – Creates and documents architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
- Create Proposals –SOWs (Statements of Work), LOUs (Letters of Understanding), business cases and RFP responses
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography
- Contribute to the development of CDW intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.)
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete timecards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete timecards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as require
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years of related work experience in a Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2B solutions-focused role, including at least two (2) years of experience in technical presales and/or sales in a Systems Integrator, agency, OEM, or similar environment.
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Certifications in one or more Salesforce Clouds
- Experience with one or more of Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C competitor solutions (e.g., SAP Hybris, Adobe Commerce, HCL Commerce, Shopify)
Data Privacy and Security:
- All CDW employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with CDW policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate CDW authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, CDW takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Technical Architect level, plus the following:
Action Oriented - Readily takes on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues.
Business Insight – Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
Collaborates - Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
Financial Acumen - Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis to generate, evaluate and act on strategic options and opportunities. Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
Resourcefulness – Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal. Marshalls resources (people, funding, materials, support) to get things done. Gets the most out of limited resources. Applies knowledge of internal structures, processes and culture to resourcing efforts
Drives Results - Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve goals.