CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Advanced Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our clients and being the employer of choice for Advanced Technology Solutions. Senior Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, service delivery and proactive consulting.
The Senior Consulting Engineer will be supporting the CDW Managed Application Services practice. The Senior Consulting Engineer will focus on delivering services on Microsoft 365 (M365) / Office M365 (O365) managed services client engagements, supporting the FastTrack program and assisting with technical pre-sales activities.
For the delivery role, the Senior Consulting Engineer participates in reviewing client environments, providing architectural recommendations and supporting complex issue troubleshooting. In addition, the Senior Consulting Engineer will support on-going client engagements by providing proactive consulting services, guidance and thought leadership – while mentoring junior Engineers and maintaining successful client relationships.
For the Microsoft M365 FastTrack program, the Senior Consulting Engineer will have meetings with FastTrack program clients and provide guidance through the Microsoft FastTrack program. This also includes cross-selling professional services if the client is requesting support for services outside of the FastTrack program.
For the pre-sales role, the Senior Consulting Engineer provides technical proposal assistance. This includes performing discovery of the client M365 environment, scoping the services in terms of client requirements and translating the findings into a technical managed services proposal.
This job calls for a broad range of M365 skills, emphasizing in-depth solution knowledge for a few of the M365 workloads and excellent communication skills. This role calls for a technical, detail oriented, organized, and motivated individual who can multitask and work efficiently within a Global team and external clients. This is a client facing role.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide technical support, in-dept expertise, architectural leadership and proactive advisory guidance on client engagements
- Discover, define and deliver roadmaps, strategies and solutions, educating the client and internal teams as appropriate throughout the life of client engagements and Microsoft roadmaps
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of client, including the managed services engagement sponsors and stakeholders
- Conduct / lead workshops for complex designs to meet client, business and technical objectives
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the client contracts
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure M365 workloads are configured as designed to the client satisfaction and approval
- Lead complex Incident and Service Request support
- Proactively develop plans and activities to avoid delivery problems
- Lead the resolution of complex on-going technical problems through problem management
- Provide technical oversight on service delivery accuracy and quality
- Perform and lead new client technical onboarding. This includes reviewing and documenting client environments, policies and related processes as they pertain to the scope of services and the client environment.
- Manage M365 compliance requirements (for example: Threat Management, DLP, eDiscovery & Hold).
- Create and maintain RunBooks (for example: daily operations guides, troubleshooting instructions and knowledge articles)
- Work with Managers, Sellers, Coworkers, Project Managers and Clients to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
- Identify and communicate potential cross-selling opportunities to the sales team
- Lead the discovery and write up of technical proposals
- Lead the technical client facing FastTrack program sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Seven years’ experience delivering complex technical Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 solutions including planning, development, implementation and on-going support
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years consulting experience
- Architect / Expert level knowledge of at least two Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 products: Exchange Online (EOL), SharePoint Online (SPO), Azure Active Directory (AAD), Teams, OneDrive for Business (OD4B), Defender workloads, Endpoint Manager / Intune, Viva workloads, Purview workloads, Microsoft 365 Apps, Yammer.
- Experience and knowledge of all current Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 workloads
- Experience and knowledge for security, compliance, data protection and governance
- Experience and knowledge of Hybrid configurations: Exchange OnPrem (EOP), ADConnect, DirSync, ADFS, AD, SSO, etc.
- Experience with 3rd party application integrations with Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Office 365 / Hybrid.
- Experience using Microsoft products for Modern Workplace types of activities (team and task coordination, collaboration, messaging, communication, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience working in a hybrid messaging and collaboration configuration environment
- Experience and knowledge of On Premise (Exchange, Active Directory) migrations to the cloud
- Experience and knowledge of delivering Exchange OnPremise and Active Directory solutions including planning, development, implementation and on-going support
- Experience working with Microsoft or other partners / vendors / MSPs
- Experience working in a managed services / support environment
- Experience working in a multi-client, Service Level Agreement based environment
- Experience working with ServiceNow / using standard ITSM tools to document support activities
- Experience as a technical thought-leader: invents new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies and domain understanding to forge new market opportunities.
- Experience providing technical oversight for projects / long-term client engagements
- Experience mentoring technical teams / engineers / consultants.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective to c-level executives.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, partners and peers
- Microsoft 365 related certifications
- ITIL certification