Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced AR External Collections Consultant to join our finance team. As an AR External Collections Consultant, you will be responsible for managing and resolving complex accounts receivable disputes and discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner as well as mentoring and coaching new coworkers. Your exceptional analytical and communication skills will play a vital role in ensuring accurate and prompt resolution, strengthening client relationships, and optimizing the overall financial health of our organization.
What you will do:
Manage the External Collection Process
- Engage in clear and professional communication with customers and stakeholders
- Maintain comprehensive records of all dispute-related activities, communications, and resolutions. Generate regular reports on dispute trends, aging, and resolution status for management review
- Continuously evaluate the dispute resolution process and identify opportunities for enhancement. Suggest and implement improvements to streamline workflows and enhance productivity
- Ensure compliance with company policies, accounting standards, and regulatory requirements during the dispute resolution process.
- Adhere to internal controls and maintain a high level of data accuracy and integrity
- Initiate the external collection process for outstanding debts from external clients, partners, or customers
- Communicate with debtors professionally and persuasively to negotiate payment arrangements, settlements, or other means of debt resolution
- Conduct research and analysis to assess the financial circumstances of debtors and recommend appropriate collection strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners, such as finance and legal, to resolve complex debt collection issues and share insights on debtor behaviors
- Provide mentorship and support to junior team members, sharing knowledge and best practices to improve the overall performance of the external collections and recovery team
What we expect of you:
Strong negotiation skills, a deep understanding of debt collection practices, and the ability to maintain professional relationships while achieving collection targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 1 year of relevant AR, Credit, Accounting or Finance experience OR 5 years of relevant AR, Credit, Accounting or Finance experience OR 5 years of CDW experience
- Proven experience in collections, accounts receivable management role, preferably with Fortune 200 organization
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented mindset with excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interact with customers and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of debt collection laws and regulations
- Enterprise ERP Systems experience preferred
What you can expect from us:
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages along with a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who we are:
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an ever-changing world by providing them the technology advice and solutions they need—when, where, and how they need them. We make technology work so that people can do great things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.