Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
The Financial Analyst is a key contributor responsible for analyzing and presenting financial performance across various business functions within the organization. This role involves building financial models to support leadership in making informed financial decisions, as well as providing insightful recommendations and ideas for process improvement.
What you will do:
- Proactively provide timely, insightful, actionable, and accurate financial reporting, analysis, and recommendations to key areas in the organization.
- Develop annual plans for different business units, ensuring alignment with overall corporate goals.
- Build operational financial reports tailored to the specific needs of the business.
- Provide documentation for financial schedules to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Build successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross-functional teams.
- Prepare analysis to support corporate projects and initiatives, contributing to strategic decision-making.
- Identify and recommend process improvements in reporting and analysis for continuous enhancement.
- Perform monthly reviews of departmental financial performance vs. plan and prior year, collaborating with department heads and Finance leadership to enhance understanding.
- Utilize financial models to provide valuable insights on performance targets.
- Automate and improve financial planning processes for increased efficiency.
- Provide financial analysis support for key capital projects.
- Continue to build successful partnerships with key internal customers and cross-functional teams.
What we expect of you:
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- External candidates: 2 years previous finance experience.
- Internal candidates: 1 years CDW finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of finance concepts, principles, and practices, with the ability to apply them.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with solid experience in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present data to stakeholders for a comprehensive scenario understanding.
- Track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Understanding of accounting concepts.
- Working knowledge of financial software tools such as PeopleSoft, Essbase, and Hyperion
- Macro development
- Data warehouse experience
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations across the globe. At CDW, we make it happen, together. Trust, connection and commitment are at the heart of how we work together to deliver for our customers. It’s why we’re coworkers, not just employees. Coworkers who genuinely believe in supporting our customers and one another. We collectively forge our path forward with a level of commitment that speaks to who we are and where we’re headed. We’re your long-term, full-stack, full-lifecycle technology partner. We have the experience, expertise, scale, relationships and deep industry knowledge to bring just about any vision to life. Together, we can deliver the full promise of what technology can do. Together, we Make Amazing Happen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.