We are on a multi-year journey to modernize our digital channel to complement our world-class direct sales channel. It’s challenging because our customers have access to more than 250,000 products and services from over 1,000 leading and emerging vendor partners. We serve over 250,000 customers across US, UK, and Canada spanning from small startups to global enterprises. Our job is to deliver a curated marketplace that reduces complexity while maintaining flexibility for our customers in making multi-brand decisions.
As a designer here, you’ll report into the Digital Design team while also be embedded with your product team. In the Design team, you’ll collaborate with other designers, researchers, and content experts to deliver holistic, cohesive user experiences while also further developing our collective craft. In your product team, you’ll deliver high quality user experiences through collaboration with triad partners in Product Management and Technology.
As a Principal UX Designer, you’ll be expected to:
- Consistently deliver excellence within the fulfillment product team including order management, shipment tracking, and returns.
- Occasionally, take on complex broad-reaching topics such as site personalization, chat platforms, etc.
- Embrace ambiguity and bring clarity to speculative concepts – leading from a UX perspective while working in collaboration with other designers, product managers, and technology partners.
What You Will Do
Deliver high-quality designs that align with business goals and user needs – primarily in the form of Figma wireframes, prototypes, and vector-based assets.
- Own the end-to-end UX design process for your product, from discovery to implementation.
- Follow and contribute to our design guidelines and emerging Design System with the goal of maintaining cohesiveness while simultaneously improving future state.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and business stakeholders.
- Define project goals, requirements, and timelines consistent with our org’s SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) execution.
- Conduct user research, including exploratory interviews, concept testing, A/B testing, and usability testing.
- Drive team alignment on UX decisions by creating and using journey maps, user flows, personas, and references to industry best practices.
- Incorporate behavior analytics into design decisions.
- Identify meaningful analytics to track over time.
- Keep informed of industry trends / standards / practices and periodically re-evaluate current experiences to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as mentor and coach, providing peer feedback and fostering growth of design coworkers.
What We Expect of You
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of design experience OR 14+ years of design experience
- An available portfolio of work demonstrating experience in fulfillments (orders, shipments, etc.)
- An available portfolio of work demonstrating experience in defining north star design concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to and influence other designers, product managers, and developers.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously, negotiating scope and timelines to meet critical deadlines.
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver full stack designs incorporating best practices from interaction, visual, and information architecture disciplines.
- Experience in delivering high-quality designs within an Agile development environment.
- Track record of crafting north star designs and then staging work into smaller incremental releases that provide a continuous flow of value to users and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, HCI, or related discipline.
- Experience designing digital experiences that are implemented with multiple technical stacks.
What You Can Expect from Us
Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages along with a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who We Are
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an ever-changing world by providing them the technology advice and solutions they need—when, where, and how they need them.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.