Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
The Technical Product Owner is responsible for requirements gathering and close collaboration with engineering, infrastructure and product teams. This role involves ongoing interaction with a variety of end-users and internal stakeholders. The Technical Product Owner will create a vision for development projects, manage the product backlog, and prioritize scope. This role requires deep domain knowledge with strong experience in weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders and be accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product.
What you will do:
- Gather key platform requirements and product features from the different business, security, technology key stakeholders.
- Analyze existing software applications to understand and document functionality, business rules, and data flows.
- Work as a member of a large scrum team and have the technical credibility to drive constructive discussions and decisions on priority, interdependencies, and related processes.
- Participate in the planning and prioritization of multiple projects and in the application architecture planning, including system partitioning and framework design.
- Create/review detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Translate high level requirements into products and product features.
- Create work items in stories in backlog. Work closely with engineering and QA to validate that the work item meets acceptance criteria.
- Participate in the planning; prioritization and resource allocation for manage workflow and projects.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders and create requirements that meet the product and business needs/vision.
- Acts as a partner with the peers and the key stakeholders
- Develop user stories from solution architect’s design and customer requirements including details of the data interfaces within the different layers of the data platform.
- Prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Bring technical expertise to key initiatives such as 3rd party application integrations, user administration & management, user authentication, platform security initiatives, etc.
- Review technical decisions to ensure they meet designated platform design goals.
What we expect of you:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with a preferred area of study in technology, business, project management.
- 5 years’ experience as a product owner or technical product owner.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of SAFe Agile portfolio practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and development teams.
- Preferred experience/background with IBMi Power System
- Preferred experience/background with IBM Sterling Order Management System
- Preferred experience/background with Warehouse Management Systems and Product Procurement Management systems
What you can expect from us:
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who we are:
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an ever-changing world by providing them with the technology advice and solutions they need—when, where, and how they need them. We make technology work so that people can do great things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.