Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
Join CDW and help protect the delivery of full stack technology solutions and global services to 250K+ customers—including corporate enterprise, government, education, and healthcare industries. You will be on a team dedicated to collaborative delivery of a new global information security strategy, operating model, and objectives to accelerate CDW’s business goals in a secure way.
Your role at CDW is of the utmost importance to the company’s mission, objectives, and reputation. As the Head of Threat Detection and Response, you will lead and scale the global threat detection and incident response program with responsibilities that include:
What you will do:
- Partner with the CISO and Information Security Leadership Team to develop and mature a proactive, predictive, and adaptive cybersecurity program to enhance CDW’s defensible security architecture and control ecosystem.
- Drive the strategy and execution of CDW’s global cybersecurity threat detection and response programs.
- Operationalize and evolve automated event and incident response playbooks while measuring health and efficacy.
- Drive a systematic and consistent threat hunting capability; lead and perform individual threat hunts.
- Partner with technology and security coworkers to ensure appropriate defensive countermeasures are in place to address current and emerging threat actors and vectors.
- Ensure continuous and complete threat visibility across all CDW networks, systems, applications, and devices—with appropriate logging pipelines and storage that thoughtfully balances cost, access, and scale.
- Forge and strengthen external relationships with industry partners, law enforcement, and intelligence sharing communities.
What we expect of you:
- We value experience, skills, drive, aptitude, and attitude over university degrees and certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 10 years of experience in some combination of security event and incident handling, offensive security, and security operations management. 3 years of managerial experience
- Demonstrated leadership track record with ability to lead teams across multiple time zones and countries
- Experience in threat detection and incident response in both on-premises and cloud environments
- Experience in Python, Azure Functions, and infrastructure as code
- Strong track record of high-quality technical and non-technical delivery in a fast-paced environment
Who are you:
- You thrive on making an impact—for your team, your company, and the industry
- You are a team-first leader, coach, and mentor—yet comfortable getting hands-on
- You do not accept the status-quo, and always strive to improve
- You are eager to learn and seek professional development continuously
- You are resourceful, open-minded, analytical and enjoy solving complex problems
- You think abstractly and tactically when needed
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, are diligent and self-motivated
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations across the globe. At CDW, we make it happen, together. Trust, connection and commitment are at the heart of how we work together to deliver for our customers. It’s why we’re coworkers, not just employees. Coworkers who genuinely believe in supporting our customers and one another. We collectively forge our path forward with a level of commitment that speaks to who we are and where we’re headed. We’re your long-term, full-stack, full-lifecycle technology partner. We have the experience, expertise, scale, relationships and deep industry knowledge to bring just about any vision to life. Together, we can deliver the full promise of what technology can do. Together, we Make Amazing Happen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.