Fueled by our shared passion and expertise, CDW delivers innovative technology solutions for our customers. We’re also committed to fostering an environment that embraces collaboration, celebrates integrity, inclusivity, and individuality, and paves the path for personal and professional growth. Experience a life in balance and join us on the journey forward.
The SR Software Engineer I – EDI supports various business solutions with focus on implementing and supporting Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Solutions using IBM Sterling B2B Integrator. The Software Engineer will be part of a team that develops and deploys EDI solutions for global business systems. The purpose of this role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, support, and documentation creation. The Software Engineer I will be responsible for production support of EDI transaction maps and related business processes. The SR Software Engineer I participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices.
What you will do:
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of existing software applications, documenting functionality, business rules, and data flows.
- Undertake roles ranging from self-management of smaller projects to serving as the technical lead on projects of various sizes.
- Collaborate with project managers to determine operating requirements, costs, and resource needs for assigned projects.
- Co-lead with project managers using object-oriented analysis and design techniques to meet business requirements and design goals.
- Participate in application architecture planning, emphasizing system partitioning, framework design, and optimal solution architecture.
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Create detailed design specifications for hardware and software for the technical team.
- Formulate system test plans, ensuring adherence to software quality assurance (SQA) standards and validating the accomplishment of business goals.
- Provide detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget considerations.
- Develop applications in alignment with coding standards and quality guidelines.
- Make technical decisions aligned with the product roadmap and management directives.
- Coach and mentor junior team members, directing efforts to address technical issues and ensuring timely project/task completion while reporting status to management.
What we expect of you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of hands-on application development experience.
- Demonstrate expertise in developing applications, with advanced knowledge of object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Exhibit the ability to coach and mentor others, proven by a track record of leading successful application development projects.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize workloads, adapting to changing business needs while meeting deadlines.
- Apply advanced knowledge of the product lifecycle and grasp the role of methodology/frameworks in development.
- Deliver solutions using Agile methodology within a CI/CD environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, effectively interacting with stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Showcase strong organizational, planning, and creative problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Bring preferred qualifications, including expertise in EDI Business Transactions, XML Development, SQL Development, and familiarity with databases such as DB2, SQL, and Mongo. Additionally, possess background/knowledge in RPGLE development and experience with IBM technologies, including IBMi Power Systems, IBM MQ, and IBM Sterling B2B Integrator. Capability to perform effective code reviews and recommend automated review tools for the team.
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations across the globe. At CDW, we make it happen, together. Trust, connection and commitment are at the heart of how we work together to deliver for our customers. It’s why we’re coworkers, not just employees. Coworkers who genuinely believe in supporting our customers and one another. We collectively forge our path forward with a level of commitment that speaks to who we are and where we’re headed. We’re your long-term, full-stack, full-lifecycle technology partner. We have the experience, expertise, scale, relationships and deep industry knowledge to bring just about any vision to life. Together, we can deliver the full promise of what technology can do. Together, we Make Amazing Happen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.